Anyone else have a good day today?

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
IDK about you guys but damn I've had a good day today. Didn't do anything special or get a big project done just spent the day doing chores like vacuuming, laundry, and dishes but it was just a good day. Then made the kids some lunch and raked a few leaves after that.

Now I'm finishing off the the day with some football and I just lit a fire for the night. Settling in for the night with a low of 25f and enjoying the fire seems like the perfect nightcap.

Anyone else ever had a day like this?

IMG_20211114_192906728_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
It rained most of the day here. Mixed day of football for me...one win, (Packers) one loss. (Seahawks) and one tie. (Steelers)

We have a pellet stove on order...SHOULD be installed after the 1st of the month. (Over 8 week delay)

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Look at all those nice metal rods to impale yourself on
Ok hear me out but lets look at it another way.

Look at those nice metal rods you used to keep the stones and rocks from sliding out from under your feet while hiking down the trail.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Or hear me out but lets look at it another way.

Look at those nice metal rods you used to keep the stones and rocks from sliding out from under your feet while hiking down the trail.
Could be the angle of the photo but some of those rods look like there is a bit of a gap between the rock and the rod

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Could be the angle of the photo but some of those rods look like there is a bit of a gap between the rock and the rod
Sigh.....I think you missed my point.....

Anyone else have a good day? Post it up and let us know!:)

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I'm still fogging the old mirror so it certainly could have been worse! ;)

Positive attitude is just a matter of perspective.

*(congrats on your super-deluxe day though!)

Reactions: lxskllr and bbhaag

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Great weekend altogether. Celebrated FIL's birthday, got cable management taken care of on the new standing desk, new Blue Yeti setup, and ate a ton of food.

Reactions: bbhaag

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
WFT beat the reining Super Bowl champs which NOBODY expected, and Capitals just laid the wood to the Penguins.

Today was a good day for me in sports.

This after the Wizards made the Magic their bitch last night.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I woke up with a girl in bed, first time sleeping together, so that's a good start to the day. I had to drive her back home to her place on the upper east side, then I picked up biscuits and a rosemary sausage gravy from a great place on my way back. It was delicious as always.

I had to work for an hour to prep for a gig tomorrow but it was easy and not stressful.

Played an hour of Apex legends with two good gaming buddies and watched some football on the RedZone channel, walked the dog a few times, and lounging on the couch now debating whether to watch TV or read a book by a producer who worked with Bourdain for years. A memoir with the nitty gritty.

The leftovers from the pasta with veggies in a cream sauce I made last night for dinner also taste amazing. Almost totally organic ingredients, with fresh peas vs frozen.

• Love
Reactions: FreshCrabLegs

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
i worked crunch time for 50 hours over the last 4 days

but i finished it all up this evening, so i got that going for me, which is nice

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Mid 70's weather so hand-washed two of the cars, did a Yacht Rock ride, made some Cajun shrimp pasta (Zatarains blackening spice) & asparagus and drank a few local west-coast IPA's. Just poured myself a stiff OGD BIB Bourbon night cap.

1636953744868.png

Reactions: Fanatical Meat

jmagg

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
IDK about you guys but damn I've had a good day today. Didn't do anything special or get a big project done just spent the day doing chores like vacuuming, laundry, and dishes but it was just a good day. Then made the kids some lunch and raked a few leaves after that.

Now I'm finishing off the the day with some football and I just lit a fire for the night. Settling in for the night with a low of 25f and enjoying the fire seems like the perfect nightcap.

Anyone else ever had a day like this?

View attachment 52852
Getting things done, or even moving forward, gives me that "feeling of well being" at the end of the day. Extra points for a similar fireplace, although I'm set up for a gas insert as soon as I can part with 5 large for a miniscule gas appliance.

fp.jpg

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Getting things done, or even moving forward, gives me that "feeling of well being" at the end of the day. Extra points for a similar fireplace, although I'm set up for a gas insert as soon as I can part with 5 large for a miniscule gas appliance.

View attachment 52864
Feed the gas through those candles. Having the candles shoot off foot long flames would be badass.

jmagg

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
I would if I could. Maybe a few small propane torches. Doubt she'll go for it

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Feed the gas through those candles. Having the candles shoot off foot long flames would be badass.

I'm all for that. You could use that for some ceremonial sacrificial rituals like with chickens and other small animals. Could really be neat and fun, and educational.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
My day started off ok. We are getting new PCs at work and upgrading from Win7 to Win10, and today was my turn. We set it up on a separate workstation so my existing one can work in tandem as I may need to check stuff on it. Surprisingly not too many issues and was able to get everything to work. Once I was happy I shut everything down then moved the PC to my workstation and boot back up and make sure everything works again as a double check. Then right as the tech was ready to leave and satisfied.... BAM: All my monitors went black. Num lock key appeared to work, and light on PC was on, but monitors were in basically the same mode they would be when the computer is just booting. That "in between" state where they are not off but also not displaying anything and the LED is blinking slowly.

So I initiate an unexpected system reboot and then go check event viewer.

"Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I can find posts from like 2007 with people getting this issue. Seems to be a shitty Nvidia driver issue that I guess is still problematic apparently.

Then it did it again.

SO close! Had everything working, then this had to happen. Moved PC back to the other workstation and now it's not doing it... this is going to be a weird one. I suspect it's either a cable or monitor causing it somehow, but it's weird it's not causing issues with the existing PC, at least not to this extent.

Oh well, better my work PC than my home PC. :p I have not had any issues at home for years now, it's why I'm reluctant to upgrade anything, it just works lol.