anyone else dissapointed about the superbowl commercials?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
it's too expensive so smaller more creative advertisers are pushed out.

DukeN

Golden Member
Dec 12, 1999
Be thankful you didn't have to bear the terrible Canadian commercials thrust down upon our throats by the CRTC. There was one so bad I felt like throwing up - spoof of the Mac/PC commercial (sort of) that wasn't funny, creative, intelligent or even remotely likeable in any way. The people that came up with that should be molested by wild animals.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
Yeah, it was a disappointment. I thought the Blockbuster commercial was about the best.

Or the budweiser commercial...
"I threw a rock"

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Rober Goulet nut commercial was funny and creative. Not worth 2.5million though.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: KingGheedora
I don't see why anyone would watch the superbowl just for the commercials.
Then you must have missed the hundreds of threads we have about it every year at around the same time.

But I agree, its dumb.

gwrober

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2005
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
The Bud commercial where the plain white dog got spots by getting dirty and getting to ride the rig was the best one.

Yeah I thought so too. The Garmin GPS one was ok, with the "map monster" a la Godzilla. And I liked the KFed one too, but I agree that they shouldn't have released it early...

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: LostWanderer
On a side note, I thought it was a little lacking and I'm disappointed that noone on the Colts teams mentioned the Bears, Chicago, or their fans in all the victory speeches. They mentioned Indianapolis, but I didn't hear anything about Chicago or the fans. They should have at least thanked them for a good game and year-long support.

:thumbsdown:
Probably because it wasn't a good game.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
overall they were pretty awful. the only one that got a laugh out of me was the bud light commercial with the rock, paper, scissors bit.

nanette1985

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2005
Commercials were okay, not that special. I don't know which is worse, the hype over the the commercials or the hype over the game. Or the hype over the hype.

Over now, till next year.

I liked the mouse one - "i see the problem, he's not plugged in" etc

gwrober

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2005
I'm guessing it was a regional thing, but did anyone else catch the Emmitt Smith dancing at HEB commercial?? I thought that one was funny.

davestar

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2001
Originally posted by: gwrober

Yeah I thought so too. The Garmin GPS one was ok, with the "map monster" a la Godzilla. And I liked the KFed one too, but I agree that they shouldn't have released it early...

probably my favorite. the cheesy 80's metal band/soundtrack really topped it off.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Yeah, those commercials sucked. Gayest commercials I've ever seen for a Super Bowl.

The game was great though! :D

gwrober

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2005
Originally posted by: davestar
Originally posted by: gwrober

probably my favorite. the cheesy 80's metal band/soundtrack really topped it off.

I liked how the guy with the garmin belt buckle danced around like a power ranger....

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
If you exclude all coke & chevy commercials they were pretty good. Unfortunately coke and chevy had like 75% of all ads.

I enjoyed the career builder or whatever ads. At least, some of them.

I got a kick out of the fed ex turkey neck one and some of the bud light ones.

I'm not sure if that was the fan made one but the one for NFL where they had favre at the end was well done.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
The first Bud Light ad with the rock paper scissors was the best. The rest were meh at best.