Anyone else a system destroyer?

Al Neri

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2002
I noticed this when I tried using a Motorola Q - I tried to do everything that I wanted to with it and I repetedly crashed the crap out of it, most of the time just using regular applications.

Regularly I have to end tasks on my PC when I have Word, Excel, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Firefox open... with a 2 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 gigs of DDR2 667MHZ SDRAM...

As soon as I got windows 1.0 I seem to have had this problem - I can't find a computer that I can't crash.

:(

We know that you're funny - you can scrap the obligatory pr0n related responses - I don't dl any on my main machine, that's what a linux box is for :)

Chronoshock

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Yes, I've crashed every computer I've used so far, but I just chalk it up to the fact that if I use something that can be crashed >12 hrs a day, it's bound to screw up somewhere.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
I think I've crashed every OS I've ever used, yes. Cellphone, GPS, PC, Mac...doesn't matter. Some crash more than others, of course. I think my GPS has been the most "stable" of the lot. The Mac at work is terrible, and seems to crash every other day.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
On a previous project, many years ago, I was given a "Bring the IBM to its Knees" award at a company BBQ.

I excelled at reducing a 32GB, 16-node, IBM Power4 computer to a useless 1/2 ton paperweight with just a bit of code. :eek:

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
You can't beat this: I walked by a server we had set up in the Networking classroom in highschool, and it blue screened right then and shut itself down. I have the power, man, I am a system crashing god. :laugh:

Nohr

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2001
www.flickr.com
I have the opposite ability. Friends will tell me they're having some issue with their PC but when they try to show me it works perfectly. :p

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
All I have to do is say the magic words, "hey, what does that do?" and the click the mouse.

My friends in the test labs think I have the "gift."

Narse

Moderator<br>Computer Help
Mar 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Nohr
I have the opposite ability. Friends will tell me they're having some issue with their PC but when they try to show me it works perfectly. :p

LOL that sounds like me, pisses my friends off so much.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006

same here.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Originally posted by: randay

same here.

Yeah, but I bring that talent to a repair bench. Poor poor customers :)

pradeep1

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2005
Actually I am known for the opposite. Computers that normally don't work properly will miraculously come back to life when I arrive. I am the computer whisperer.

gamefreakgcb

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2004
I have crashed every type of computer I've ever used, gaming systems, gps, phones, etc. When I was young, my father used me as a stress tester, our computer was in a repair shop, when the tech called us to collect it, my father took me along and asked me to use the comp there to make sure it worked. I crashed it yet again. After 3 such tries my dad gave up and took the computer back.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Originally posted by: pradeep1
Actually I am known for the opposite. Computers that normally don't work properly will miraculously come back to life when I arrive. I am the computer whisperer.

Same, it seems any old hunk of junk will be running faster and won't crash at all when I'm looking at it. As soon as I'm gone the damn thing goes haywire.