Anybody use pageplus.

todpod

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2001
I can't seem to find what I need to activate a verizon phone to pageplus. There is a local dealer but the phones are 2x the price they have them on amazon. We are not looking at anything to fancy and mainly just talking and texting.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
What exactly do you need to know? If it's only HOW to activate a vzw phone...

#1 - You need a Verizon CDMA (3g) phone
#2 - It can not be blacklisted / Bad ESN (PagePlus uses Verizon's ESN database)
#3 - Other than a select few phones, pretty much any Verizon POSTPAID phone will work.
#4 - It can not be a Verizon PREPAID phone that hasn't been activated or has less than 6 months of continuous prepaid service.
#5 - Some Sprint, Cricket/LEAP, MetroPCS and Alltel phones will work on PagePlus, but usually have to be manually programmed/hacked and will often not give you MMS and/or data without a LOT of effort.

That said, smartphone-wise, a Droid 1, Droid 2, Droid Incredible, Droid Eris, Droid X, etc. all activate just fine on PagePlus. I believe even the iPhone 4 also runs fine too (but might need some additional steps).

Step 1: Get a phone
Step 2: Go to a PagePlus dealer website such as KittyWireless.com to "Activate" the phone. This is generally NOT free, but you're paying to not have to deal with PagePlus customer support directly, and it's usually painless.
Step 3: Enter your phone's ESN/MEID and your additional details into the website and activate.
Step 4: Wait for email information about your activation status phone's phone number and other details.
Step 5: Once activation info has been received, you generally have to OTA program your phone... turn on your phone and dial *22890 and wait while the network programs your phone.
Step 6a (optional): Call PagePlus customer support to start the process of porting your old phone number to your new device...
***** and/or *****
Step 6b: Go to the PagePlus Cellular website, create an account and register your phone there (so you can add $/pins to your account to renew it and/or change your account features, etc.) and select your plan, assuming you want a plan and not just pay-per-minute usage.
Step 7: Enjoy your newly activated PagePlus phone.

I personally buy my refill pins for my wife's phone at callingmart.com. They usually run monthly specials for 5% off PagePlus refills. You can then either refill via your phone or the pageplus website.

Last edited:

todpod

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2001
Thanks SunnyD, thats what I needed to know. I will do this its alot cheaper doing it this way and lots pretty simple.

Ksyder

Golden Member
Feb 14, 2006
Everything Sunny said is great...

I'd also add that Page Plus customer service is not bad these days... I call them from time to time. The hold time is not too bad, maybe 5 or 10 minutes I think... you can do porting, new activations, esn changes etc from them for free rather than pay someone like kitty wireless, while a great dealer, is getting a little greedy with their pricing.

Also, once you have your account set up you can text the word "bal" without quotes to 7243 and it will text you back your account balance, remaining minutes/text/data

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Everything Sunny said is great...

I'd also add that Page Plus customer service is not bad these days... I call them from time to time. The hold time is not too bad, maybe 5 or 10 minutes I think... you can do porting, new activations, esn changes etc from them for free rather than pay someone like kitty wireless, while a great dealer, is getting a little greedy with their pricing.

Also, once you have your account set up you can text the word "bal" without quotes to 7243 and it will text you back your account balance, remaining minutes/text/data
Definitely true. I looked up their pricing and they've jacked it up about 100% since I last used them.

todpod

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2001
I think Howards forums has an online dealer list with some that offer cheaper activation, will have to look into that. Thanks for the help

Ksyder

Golden Member
Feb 14, 2006
I think Howards forums has an online dealer list with some that offer cheaper activation, will have to look into that. Thanks for the help
That thread is probably pretty out of date... just call page plus and it is "free" :awe:

todpod

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2001
Damn, I was hoping you had a little more wisdom then what I had again. Just probably goto Kitty wireless to activate and then go from there. Thanks for all the help.

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
Got free activation April last year and paid $80 for 1 year with 2000 minutes. Current balance is about $75.

Used a Samsung u740 I got from Verizon a few years back and was paying $70/month, 450 minutes. Barely used it, just for emergencies while I'm on the road.

samsung_sch-u710_7.jpg