Anybody ride when it's cold ?

Doomer

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 1999
Going on a ride with the local chapter of the SCRC this afternoon and we're gonna freeze our butts off. even tho it's not as cold here and it is in other parts of the country, the wind chill at 60 mph can be pretty brutal. I've got long johns, leather jacket, sweater, vest, ski mask and full face helmet but still, it's gonna be a bone chiller.

Anybody else ride when it's cold ? Any tips ?

Golden Member
Jul 22, 2003
I used to ride in a cycle race called the 'ice-man', but that was a race especially made for winter.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Doomer
Going on a ride with the local chapter of the SCRC this afternoon and we're gonna freeze our butts off. even tho it's not as cold here and it is in other parts of the country, the wind chill at 60 mph can be pretty brutal. I've got long johns, leather jacket, sweater, vest, ski mask and full face helmet but still, it's gonna be a bone chiller.

60??? Are you fscking kidding me?

I don't wear long johns until it drops below 50. I don't layer anything like you are until it drops below 40. Though, below 35 I need heated gloves. That's the only part of me that I can't cover enough. Plus I have poor circulation in my hands to begin with.

But 60 a "bone chiller?" :roll:

mordantmonkey

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Amused

I don't wear long johns until it drops below 50. I don't layer anything like you are until it drops below 40. Though, below 35 I need heated gloves. That's the only part of me that I can't cover enough. Plus I have poor circulation in my hands to begin with.

uh he said wind chill at 60mph :roll: -god i hate that eye roll thingy

a tip... wear gloves! you lose strength in your grip when you hands get cold.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
:p

Amused is drunk! 60MPH, partner.

QuitBanningMe

Banned
Mar 2, 2005
Originally posted by: mordantmonkey

uh he said wind chill at 60mph :roll: -god i hate that eye roll thingy
So....he is in Georgia and it has been warm. He is still a pvssy.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004

I'm guessing you scored horribly low on the reading comprehension part of all the tests you ever took.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: Mill
:p

Amused is drunk! 60MPH, partner.

:cool:

<-- Passes :beer: around for more fun! :p