Anybody getting BF V pre-order on Origin

Andy T

Jul 24, 2008
I am thinking of joining Origin so I can get BF V early access. Anybody else planning on it? I didn't get into Black Ops 4 so this is the only new shooter on the horizon for me.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
I rather preorder a visit to hell before another Ea titled game. Being constructive the last game i did order as a pre order was BF3 cause the beta for me was flawless at least. I was at Best buy Midnight at that games release getting my copy!

Something tells me you should seriously wait till it releases,let them iron out any potential bugs then pick it up. I learned this lesson with the mess that was BF4. IDK how when that game came out it was worst then beta? Like how? Luckily a good game but seriously took them a while to fix what was obviously a clearly not finished game.Them pushing back the date on BF5 already does not look good lol.

Short answer no,no preorder.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Oh if your trying out EA access then maybe worth trying out,don't like it don't renew no harm no foul right? Well this was what i last heard anyways with this service.Beats spending $60 on a title that could very well be trash. I love the BF series but its been on a decline since BC2 really it has.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
BF4 and Bf1 were both pretty awesome. BC2 was fun, but it wasn't what Bf is supposed to be.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
After how bad BC2 and BF3 were, I don't know if I'll ever buy another Battlefield title. My friends seem to really want 5, but everything after 2 was just so bad.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Yeah I bought it about an hour ago because I can play the full game in less than 9 hours from now. I paid $100 for Premier for one year on Origin to get to play it 11 days early. Either that or it's about $15/month. And BFV full is included. It's downloading now with about another hour to go. Then wait for it to unlock in the morning of Nov 9.

So does that count as a pre order? I paid for it about 10 hours before full access to play. I'm trying to look for some slack on this. I have this notion that a pre order is generally thought of by most people as buying a game a day before or earlier than the fully playable release time. As in 24 hours or earlier before release.

What I'm trying to say is if you pay for the game less than 24 hours before you get to play then it's not really a pre order. Even if you have to wait 10 hours to play including download time. Or maybe I'm being silly to some and you absolutely have to wait until the moment a game is released to buy it in order for it not to be a pre order.

Oh, added this, looks like the above doesn't matter about waiting 8 or 9 hours because when my download is done I can start playing on Origin Access?

Last edited:

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
I wish gamers would stand up and boycott pre-orders. This isn't the 90's where you pre ordered to get a physical copy.

That said BF1 is the first I've every played. I love it. Wish I had played the original WW2 ones. I played the BF V Beta and had mixed feelings. The maps seemed decent, and dropping into the area where you wanted seemed cool.

I did not like the fact that there are weapon upgrades that increase your ability to play though. The SJW stuff was pretty annoying too. The allies were basically the diversity force against the all white masked men. I really did not like the masked men thing. When I was being revived I'd have this masked guy with goggles revive me.

gregulator

Apr 23, 2000
I paid the $5 to try it out and feel lukewarm about it. I loved BF2, BF3 and BF4, didn't love BF1 (I think it was mostly the era/setting). Haven't really played many games since then other than PUBG.

I feel like the sounds and graphics are amazing, but it wasn't really fun for me. It's almost like there is too much going on for this old gamer. I was hoping for more of a BF2 pace with lots of teamwork but I mostly had no idea what was going on, didn't know what to do, and wasn't familiar with all the new controls. I probably just need to give it more time, but it felt too fast paced and arcade style for me (to be fair, I was mostly placed on the more infantry focused maps). Maybe it is because it is getting so realistic with effects and whatnot that it feels so confusing (I can only imagine that this is what it was like to be in battle in WW2).

Anyways, for this old timer, I feel like I would love something that is more PUBG paced without being battle royale, and in a modern setting, and DICE's amazing graphics.

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
...didn't know what to do, and wasn't familiar with all the new controls.

I know what you mean. I was just playing BF1 last night and got into the train, then some idiot left the drivers seat so I took over. Then it popped up a hint that the driver has a powerful weapon they can use. I never knew that. I guess it's the same for all of the behemoths. I hate that games don't come with manuals anymore, and you're just supposed to figure all this crap out.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
I put 200+ hrs into BF1, I tried the BF5 openbeta a while back and I left feeling I am pretty much satiated for FPS at the moment. The game itself seemed fine to me otherwise, will probably skip it, or might jump on it in a year when they release the inevitable all inclusive pack.

I have transitioned over to MOBA and SP games like AC:Ody.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
I did for PC and PS4 both. PS4 said 6 days yesterday, but playing on the PC now.

wri8zq.jpg

2m4xfky.jpg

Have only played an hour or so, so no real review yet. A lot has changed since the beta though. BF is one of my fav series, so I will keep playing them. Have played all but Hardline, just didnt feel that one. Its pretty smooth with almost everything on max with a 1070 and 6700k. Monitor is a 34" Samsung PG348Q at 3440x1440.

REALLY sucks having to level up both PC and PS4, but EA are dicks like that. I think this is the last time I will buy two version though, just pisses me off to not have one account to level up.

Just noticed my flag is a hair uneven... fixed now. When sitting lower, couldnt notice. With the pic its easy to see. Whoops!

Reactions: JTsyo

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
I did for PC and PS4 both. PS4 said 6 days yesterday, but playing on the PC now.

Have only played an hour or so, so no real review yet. A lot has changed since the beta though. BF is one of my fav series, so I will keep playing them. Have played all but Hardline, just didnt feel that one. Its pretty smooth with almost everything on max with a 1070 and 6700k. Monitor is a 34" Samsung PG348Q at 3440x1440.

REALLY sucks having to level up both PC and PS4, but EA are dicks like that. I think this is the last time I will buy two version though, just pisses me off to not have one account to level up.

Just noticed my flag is a hair uneven... fixed now. When sitting lower, couldnt notice. With the pic its easy to see. Whoops!
That's a pretty sweet set up. I have my pre-order placed through Amazon so I have to wait for the 20th.

Thunder 57

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2007
...REALLY sucks having to level up both PC and PS4, but EA are dicks like that. I think this is the last time I will buy two version though, just pisses me off to not have one account to level up.

That is incredibly stupid. I remember way back when there was talk about having Half Life on Dreamcast (I think?) and playing on the same servers as PC. Now we can't even link an account to two devices??

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Yep, same for Overwatch too. I prefer games on the PC, most people I know prefer consoles. So I buy both generally to play with them and by myself. I played the beta on the PS4, so I didnt get my levels I got up to on it. I even have both accounts linked on Origin, PC and PS4. Still won't do it. Chatted with some tech person, and they claim its not allowed. Ended up 93 on the PC in BF1, and 85 on the PS4.

Played 2 hours non stop. Still getting the nuances right. I play virtually nothing but support. I love taking our armor, mines/rockets. Level 5 and support 4. Overall the game play was very smooth. Spotting is different, and healing when support is pretty cool. Building is pretty fun too, when used right it can also really help out the team.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Downloading BF V now. Signed up for one month of Origin Access Premier. My friend works at EA and after launch can get me BF V for $10. I'll just cancel Origin Access and use the key he gets me in a few weeks.

Andy T

Jul 24, 2008
I also signed up for premium access. If I like the game, I will buy the standard edition at 10% off and cancel premium access. So far I like the game, except I am terrible - getting killed left and right. Couldn't handle it anymore and had to quite. The game runs smoothly on GTX1080ti.
I did experience some issues with server browsers ("advanced search"). A lot of them show up with 1 space available, but when I click join, there is queue.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
So the game is available but only for people who subscribe? o_O How is this profitable to anyone?

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
For anyone who played the alpha or betas.

Is it pretty much the same now? Any changes, for better or worse?

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
For anyone who played the alpha or betas.

Is it pretty much the same now? Any changes, for better or worse?

Biggest difference between the beta and the final release is the TTK - you died a lot faster in the beta IMO. also visibility is better in the final release.

Reactions: DeadFred

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The medic class is seriously weak in BF5 right now. They nerfed the SMG's of the medic class after the beta for sure. I'm sure that will get fixed.

Also for TDM, I filter the servers to only show me Team Deathmatch servers and I only see the same 3 maps over and over. Only 3 TDM maps in the game? Could that be? Also you go onto a TDM server and the next round is going to be domination or frontlines. None of them are true TDM servers. I hope that changes with the official launch on the 20th. Otherwise that's a big bummer.

Andy T

Jul 24, 2008
Really disappointed so far. Since I probably won't buy it and will discontinue my Premier access after 1 month.
I wonder if the "early access" is being treated as a post beta/pre release period. I also don't recall seeing any patches coming out since the game went live over a week ago.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Really disappointed so far. Since I probably won't buy it and will discontinue my Premier access after 1 month.
I wonder if the "early access" is being treated as a post beta/pre release period. I also don't recall seeing any patches coming out since the game went live over a week ago.

BF games always take a couple patches to get up to speed. I think this game is gonna be great. It's just not going to be a 'go all rambo style' game though. It's a harder game to master than a BF1 that is for sure. More teamwork less lone wolfing.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
i loved playing bf4, i bought a few copies so me and friends / family can play, my favorite was either in a tank or AA taking out those annoying planes that would kill everyone and fly off unharmed. i spent so long leveling up that i didn't want to play bf1 i hadnt finished 4 yet. So i just quit playing 4 and have been waiting since then for bf5. seems as if no one is totally pleased with it. My only dislike to these is the weapon classes how is it fun for the better people to get better weapons? doesn't this further increase the lead they have?

That and cheaters have killed games for me, i never know who is cheating if they have wallhack aimbot etc etc. i really dislike console gaming also but if worried about cheaters i think that would be a solution buy a mouse for xbox x, tho still wouldnt be as fast as my pc.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
logged on today and found a pure TDM server with more TDM maps available, so that's good.