anybody ever broken out in hives?

labrat25

Jan 7, 2004
like the title says... anybody ever broken out in hives?

i had a really stressful, really bad day and broke out in hives... combination of work, school, and gf (mostly the latter i think) :frown:
usually i'm pretty good with dealing with stress, but this was offically uncool

all over the right side of my body, not fun

i'm just not sure how normal this is (or if i should be talking to a Dr/shrink)

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
My brother used to get hives.. we found out that it was because he had too much sugar (or something like that) in his diet.. He took a lot of Benadryl for it.

MithShrike

Diamond Member
May 5, 2002
Yes, I'm highly allergic to peanuts. Also, every once in a while stress does it to me as well. You should have gone to the doctor and gotten some epinephrine.

Bigblades

Mar 17, 2004
I used to break out in hives on a daily basis for over a year. They'd last for hours, and itch like hell. It lasted from the time I was 10 until about 13.

The release of a nifty drug called clariten at the time made me stop completely, it was awesome, hives sucked balls.

Mine were due almost entirely to allergies... I know you can get them from stress, but thats not the only thing that can cause them.

milagro

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2001
yep...get to know benadryl..

i've got them after coming into contact w/ ragweed in the midwest..

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
i think i did, it was at least partly an allergic reaction I beleieve, so you might consider if you had contact with anything out of the ordinary. In my case i was racing r/c cars in a school gym with some kind of rubberized floor that was giving off some kind of particles I think, or possibly battery acid from a car battery we used for recharging.

It was terrible for a little while, I thought my skin was going to burn off, especially my feet. Which was a problem because it was a delayed reaction and by that time we were driving home on the freeway, and i had to get my shoes and socks off and rub them on the floor of the car. It went away pretty quickly but my feet hurt for awhile because of the insane scratching I had done.

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
Oh yeah.... Just after surgery in 2000, I was out on tour and had a bowl of Red Pepper and Sundried Tomato soup.... the peppers turned me in a couple of hours. I took a couple of Benadryl and all was fine.
I am now allergic to Bell Pepper in all it's forms.

labrat25

Jan 7, 2004
did anybody ever get 'em from stress?... to my knowledge i'm not allergic to anything