Anybody else have a Ninja Foodi Grill Pro?

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
I used it for the first time to grill some steaks. They came out awesome. I think the meat came out even more tender than the pan sear-oven method. It gets up to 510 °f and also circulates the hot air. Kinda like a George Foreman grill plus air fryer combo. I think it will be great for those of you that cant grill outside as hardly any smoke comes out. Previously doing the pan sear method had me turning off all the smoke detectors and opening all the windows.

Its an amazing grill.

Another feature this has is an integrated meat thermometer. It shuts off and alarms when the meat reaches the target internal temperature. Neat little feature.

Last edited:

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
my parents just randomly sent one of these to me. any good?

i thought @Kaido had started a kitchen gadgets thread but i cant find it.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
i thought @Kaido had started a kitchen gadgets thread but i cant find it.

Good memory!

I recently switched from IT to BEC & dropped from about 70 hours down to 50 hours a week, so I have a bunch more free time available for some personal pursuits. Getting up to speed with Wordpress, Youtube, etc. Might be time to start making some videos or something...

Reactions: ElFenix

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
my parents just randomly sent one of these to me. any good?

Yes, it's a very nice machine! I have a friend who has one. The smokeless feature actually seems to work pretty decently most of the time.

I'd suggest joining the Facebook group for it & reading up on the best practices, as iirc there were some tricks involved to using it to its max potential (preheating first so it reaches proper temperature, adjusting the temperature for the food, etc.). It's sort of a cross between a grill & an airfryer, so you kind of have to get used to the way it cooks, how to clean it, etc., but yeah, pretty nice machine, congrats!! Post a review after you've messed with it for a bit!

This is a pretty good review:

Reactions: ElFenix

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
joining the Facebook

DKUR9Tk.png

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004

Just make a fake account! I know everyone hates on FB but their groups are tremendous. Sort of like Reddit but more real-time, and with photos & video & a less nasty community overall. My CNC groups are full of amazing people & I'd never get off Facebook because of how valuable the groups are! No joke. 100% worth considering.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
I used it to grill steaks last weekend. Straight from marinating in fridge to grill. Came out great with nice char on the outside. I have noticed that to get a medium rare center after resting, you have to take it out at 120 instead of 130. Otherwise it will be too well done.

They had a sale on this 2 weeks ago. ~$130. I paid about $240. :confused_old:

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
We've had one for 6+ months, Grill does brussel sprouts and salmon fantastic.

Solid air fryer as well. Used it to make a few pizzas - meh, and not the best at baking but it will do it!

Cyco

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
We've got the one without the integrated food probe, but we like and use it a lot.