Anybody else eating themselves out of house and home.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: eigen
Then I go wtf.Its like goldilocks is sneaking into my crib and eating up my chicken.
Sig material right there.:D

eigen

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by: ViRGE
Then I go wtf.Its like goldilocks is sneaking into my crib and eating up my chicken.
Sig material right there.:D

At least somebody got something out of this thread:cool:

AntiEverything

Aug 5, 2004
Nope I just forgot to mention my daily training routine.

Still, $100 in 3-4 days sounds like a lot. My wife and I spend about $100 per week at the grocery store, and eat out once a week at most.

So assuming you can't eat less, how about get a Sams Club membership and buy in bulk? We recently had a wedding reception and rather than get it catered to the tune of a couple thousand, we had some friends help us buy and prepare food for 75 people. At Sams, $500 bought enough food for 75 people for that night, a bunch of people took some home, and we were still eating it two weeks later.

Edit: Also might want to see about getting a chest freezer if you do that. :)

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: shortspanishguy
Originally posted by: notfred
I eat to much food.It costs me too much money.

I cook at home. I dont eat out much.But still I can just go through so much food so freaking quick. Like today for breakfast I had 4 eggs two pieces of toast and a huge glass of milk and a glass of OJ. At that rate the carton of eggs will be gone in 2 1/2 days the milk in two days.........

12 Eggs: $2.99

damn I pay like $1.40 for a dozen eggs/

Yeah, I bought 5 dozen last night for $3.99.

eigen

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by: AntiEverything
Nope I just forgot to mention my daily training routine.

Still, $100 in 3-4 days sounds like a lot. My wife and I spend about $100 per week at the grocery store, and eat out once a week at most.

So assuming you can't eat less, how about get a Sams Club membership and buy in bulk? We recently had a wedding reception and rather than get it catered to the tune of a couple thousand, we had some friends help us buy and prepare food for 75 people. At Sams, $500 bought enough food for 75 people for that night, a bunch of people took some home, and we were still eating it two weeks later.

Edit: Also might want to see about getting a chest freezer if you do that. :)

I have a freezer.It is now stocked with vension and veggies from my aunt and gramma's garden.

imported_vr6

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2001
Pasta 50 cents a box
Ragu $3.50 for a family size containter
Tuna $1.00 a can

Thats all i eat. 100 worth can last me a month.

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: vr6
Pasta 50 cents a box
Tuna $1.00 a can

and you don't have scurvy yet?

I spend about $50 a week for food.

eigen

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2003
Pasta 50 cents a box
Tuna $1.00 a can

whats your height/weight.

Peetoeng

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2000

- Get a hobby to get your mind less on food.
- Prepare food that takes time to cook.
- Eat slowly.

Good food may not be that expensive; last week broccoli was 99c/bunch, this week asparagus is $1.25/lb and spinach $1/bag.

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
With a few ribs removed and some good flexibility, I am sure someone could eat themselves out.

eigen

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by: the wombat
are you fat?

nope 6"1' 215 bodyfat around 9-10%.

Like I said earlier in the thread.I lift weights and bike commute.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

I cook at home. I dont eat out much.But still I can just go through so much food so freaking quick. Like today for breakfast I had 4 eggs two pieces of toast and a huge glass of milk and a glass of OJ. At that rate the carton of eggs will be gone in 2 1/2 days the milk in two days.........

Lunch/dinner

speghetti.. 3/$1 on sale

each 1lb box can feed you for 3 meals. so 9 servings for $1

eigen

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2003
Look you fvcktards.I am not gonna eat just pasta.I am not really gonna eat myself out of house and home.I was just ranting about how much I eat.Stop with the tips.

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
Look you fvcktards.I am not gonna eat just pasta.I am not really gonna eat myself out of house and home.I was just ranting about how much I eat.Stop with the tips.

Woah, calm down sparky.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: notfred

12 Eggs: $2.99
One loaf of bread: $1.99
half gallon of milk: $2.50
Half gallon of OJ: $2.50

So, 4 eggs: $1
2 slices of bread: $0.20
1 glass of milk: $0.30
1 glass of OJ: $0.30

Total cost of breakfast: $1.80.

If you can't afford $2 meals, you're either unemployed or spening all your money on strippers or something.

Holy cow, thats some expensive food..

Here in Kansas, its like

12 Eggs: $1.00
One loaf of bread: $.89 for cheap wheat sandwich.
half gallon of milk: $1.89
Half gallon of OJ: $1.60

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BroeBo

Woah, calm down sparky.

seriously chill Mr. Fatty Fatterson

sonz70

Banned
Apr 19, 2005

Someone didn't have there OJ this morning...with there prozack.... :shocked:

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000

For a fat guy, you're not very jolly.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: JoeKing
Pasta 50 cents a box
Tuna $1.00 a can

and you don't have scurvy yet?

I spend about $50 a week for food.

$100 a month actually isn't an unreasonable grocery bill, but vr6's diet DOES seem a little slim:p

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Cut back to 3 eggs, 1 piece of toast, no milk, and make your orange juice out of those frozen concentrate cans (Five Alive is good :thumbsup;)

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: dighn
4 eggs every morning? that can't be too healthy...

An egg has all of the vitamins, minerals, amino acids and fats required to build an entire living animal. It's VERY healthy for you.

Boiled eggs are healthier than fried eggs however. One reason is the oil/butter used and heat that degrades it, but another is that when the yoke and white mix in the presence of air then is cooked (as in scrambled eggs), it forms some kind of carcinogen (so I've read).

eigen

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by: SagaLore
Originally posted by: dighn
4 eggs every morning? that can't be too healthy...

An egg has all of the vitamins, minerals, amino acids and fats required to build an entire living animal. It's VERY healthy for you.

Boiled eggs are healthier than fried eggs however. One reason is the oil/butter used and heat that degrades it, but another is that when the yoke and white mix in the presence of air then is cooked (as in scrambled eggs), it forms some kind of carcinogen (so I've read).

And cholesterol to kll one..