Anybody else eating themselves out of house and home.

eigen

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2003
I eat to much food.It costs me too much money.

I cook at home. I dont eat out much.But still I can just go through so much food so freaking quick. Like today for breakfast I had 4 eggs two pieces of toast and a huge glass of milk and a glass of OJ. At that rate the carton of eggs will be gone in 2 1/2 days the milk in two days.........

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I now eat over half my meals out for various reasons.

<---waves goodbye to $

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000

I don't eat that much, suprising for my size. I'll have a couple cups of coffee in the morning, a salmon bagel for lunch and a reasonable dinner, usually fish or some meat. It's much more economical for me to eat at home.

eigen

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by: dighn
4 eggs every morning? that can't be too healthy...

Not every morning.If not eggs then a huge thing of oatmeal and like multiple pieces of fruit and two bagels with jelly.The point is not my diet its just that I need so many damn calories.Today for lunch I had two turkey sandwhich, two small bags of chips, a glass of milk a carton go OJ and two reeses peanut butter cups.

L

Lola

yes, I eat ALOT for my size. I can usually go through a box of cereal in about 2 days. I like watermelon, can eat one in a few days...
I like food. I love to eat!
Its not that bad, but it does get expensive though :(

SouthPaW1227

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2004
wow 4 eggs?!

here's how I manage spending too much on food:

Breakfast = never eat anything
Lunch = one bowl of cereal
Supper = Wendy's value menu meal ($3) or just a sandwich.

I don't eat much.

eigen

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by: werk
If 2-3 cartons of eggs a week is going to break the bank, I'd look into a second job.

Its not the money part so much...I just want to know does anybody else eat this freaking much.Its like I am a machine. maybe I just have worms.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: eigen

I cook at home. I dont eat out much.But still I can just go through so much food so freaking quick. Like today for breakfast I had 4 eggs two pieces of toast and a huge glass of milk and a glass of OJ. At that rate the carton of eggs will be gone in 2 1/2 days the milk in two days.........

12 Eggs: $2.99
One loaf of bread: $1.99
half gallon of milk: $2.50
Half gallon of OJ: $2.50

So, 4 eggs: $1
2 slices of bread: $0.20
1 glass of milk: $0.30
1 glass of OJ: $0.30

Total cost of breakfast: $1.80.

If you can't afford $2 meals, you're either unemployed or spening all your money on strippers or something.

Mar 19, 2003
I don't let myself spend so much on food anymore just because I see it as a waste of money (particularly when I need to lose weight anyway). Before I changed my habits, I was really bad about my spending on food.

Nomada

Banned
Apr 27, 2005
I'm sure you've heard it before but say you induce 5000 calories a day. You will only convert about 3000 into energy. But if you consume less than 2000 your body will convert about 1600 into energy. The less you eat, your body will become increasingly efficient. Something like that anyway. Smoking also helps.

eigen

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Lola
yes, I eat ALOT for my size. I can usually go through a box of cereal in about 2 days. I like watermelon, can eat one in a few days...

See Lola is feeling me....Its not the money.I will buy 100 bucks worth of groceries then in like 3-4 days, I look in the fridge and the fridge is empty and I look in the cupboards and the cupboards are empty.Then I go wtf.Its like goldilocks is sneaking into my crib and eating up my chicken.

May 10, 2005
hey if you wanna spend less on milk, get milk power and mix up your own. Taste fine to me, and cost alot less than buying a carton once a day(like we used to)

Mar 9, 2005
Originally posted by: notfred

12 Eggs: $2.99

damn I pay like $1.40 for a dozen eggs/

eigen

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Nomada
I'm sure you've heard it before but say you induce 5000 calories a day. You will only convert about 3000 into energy. But if you consume less than 2000 your body will convert about 1600 into energy. The less you eat, your body will become increasingly efficient. Something like that anyway. Smoking also helps.

Yeah, I guess i should have mentioned I lift weights and bike commute.

For those pricing out my meals for me, keep in mind I eat about 5 times per day.

say around 9:00 12:00 4:00 7:00 and something around 11:00

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: SouthPaW1227
Breakfast = never eat anything
Lunch = one bowl of cereal
Supper = Wendy's value menu meal ($3) or just a sandwich.

I don't eat much.

No sh1t!

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000

LOL i eat like 6 eggs and 4 slices of bacon for breakfast (but no juice or milk).

Yeah, i'm probably gonna die early... but at least i would have taken out a lot of pigs in the process.

eigen

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Looney

LOL i eat like 6 eggs and 4 slices of bacon for breakfast (but no juice or milk).

Yeah, i'm probably gonna die early... but at least i would have taken out a lot of pigs in the process.

I dont eat pork.But I am fvcking up the chicken population.tonite i am gonna eat 6 drumsticks and maybe like 2 sweetpotatoes with honey and walnuts.

AntiEverything

Aug 5, 2004

See Lola is feeling me....Its not the money.I will buy 100 bucks worth of groceries then in like 3-4 days, I look in the fridge and the fridge is empty and I look in the cupboards and the cupboards are empty.Then I go wtf.Its like goldilocks is sneaking into my crib and eating up my chicken.

Are you an impulse eater? Someone who eats when they're bored? I would be, except I'm lazy so fixing foods is out for me. Prepared things that you can just unwrap are very easy to consume in mass quantities.

If that's your case, try buying less of that. If you already aren't doing that, then perhaps force yourself to make smaller trips, and when you don't have as much food around, you won't eat so much?

I'm kinda stabbing in the dark here.

eigen

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2003
Originally posted by: AntiEverything

Are you an impulse eater? Someone who eats when they're bored? I would be, except I'm lazy so fixing foods is out for me. Prepared things that you can just unwrap are very easy to consume in mass quantities.

If that's your case, try buying less of that. If you already aren't doing that, then perhaps force yourself to make smaller trips, and when you don't have as much food around, you won't eat so much?

I'm kinda stabbing in the dark here.

Nope I just forgot to mention my daily training routine.

ggnl

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
I only spend about $100 a month on groceries thanks to rice, potatos, spagetti, and ramen. I do tend to blow my budget eating out though. Thankfully, there's an abundance of cheap taquerias here in south Texas. Great Mexican food at fast food prices.