Any WCW fans? I saw Scott Steiner today at Gold's Gym.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
They're filming Thunder here at Reed Arena tonight. On my way to the gym, me and my friends saw Scott Steiner just leaving to get ready for wrestling. He basically made everyone at the gym look small. The guy is ripped. He's a lot shorter than I expected, but he's got veins popping out of his arms that are about as big as my arms.

FatAlbo

Golden Member
May 11, 2000
That's why he calls himself the genetic freak. However, steroid freak is also a questionable name for him.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
He's got the telltale sign of Growth Hormone abuse.

Human Growth Hormone (HGH) doesn't just make your muscles grow, it makes your internal organs grow as well. I witnessed it first hand when a good buddy of mine switched from Anabolic Steroids to a more powerful Growth Hormone. After 2 years of Growth Hormone injections his muscles swelled to enormous size, but so did his gut. He ended up looking like a bloated pig.

If you haven't noticed, the majority of todays professional bodybuilders exibit that "bloated belly" look, which was something that wasn't as common a decade ago, due to the fact that not a lot of them were using Growth Hormone as they are today. Mainly Oral and Injectable Anabolic Steroids.

A produding (bloated) belly is a indicator of Growth Hormone abuse. Scott Steiner certainly shows the signs.

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
Stiener has that "tube of 3 tennis balls emptied directly into his arm" look. Seriously, you HAVE to see that thing bulge out. its like there is someone in there trying to get out. its hideous.

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
scott steiner is my inspiration for lifting weights. although i dont believe in taking creatine or other muscle enhancers

Swag1138

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2000
If you think that the Rock or the Big Slow are wrestlers, then you arent a wrestling fan, your a "sports entertainment" fan. WCW has the best wrestlers(ECW is really the only challenger there), Steiner not one of them, and they have the best looking matches for the most part. WWF has the better actors, though they do have the best singular wrestlers in Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit. Not to mention the Hardyz, the Dudly Boys and Edge and Christian.

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
i used to be a fan of the rock, but he sucks now. ever since i saw chris benoit, i thought that he was crucial. he is probably my favorite wrestler in wwf, in addition to kurt angle. in WCW, if only rey mysterio didnt act like a b itch, he would be one of my favorites, but i consider him a great wrestler. in ECW, i think the guys name is kaz haiachi, the japanese buzzsaw, but he is NASTY!!!!!

he gets MUCH props, anyone see his past match against psychosis? that was a GREAT match

FatAlbo

Golden Member
May 11, 2000
Rey Mysterio, Jr. and Juventud Guerrera have probably been screwed by WCW like no others. Ever since the two had to lose their masks, they've gone no where. WTF is up with those stupid devil horns on Rey, Jr.? They've completely wasted these two to hell. In my opinion, these two are some of the best cruiserweights wrestling right now and WCW has killed them both by making them lose the masks. Really is a shame.

Kurt Angle is just amazing. He's been in the WWF for less than a year and he's in the highest profile angle already. He's definitely my favorite wrestler right now. And that, my friends, is true.

Swag1138

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2000
KidViciou$: The wrestler in ECW to whom you were referring is Tajiri, now teamed with a much better working Mikey Whipwreck. Tajiri is incredibly nasty. His matches in the past with Super Crazy would blow you away.

And I apologize for forgetting Kurt Angle. He is truly a great wrestler, Its true, its true. :)

Midnight Rambler

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I hate to admit to watching ... but having been a wrestler myself throughout HS and college, I always tune in to see the "action". Occasionally I even see a couple real moves ... ;)

As for WCW vs. WWF, I agree with the poster who said that WCW has better wrestlers. In fact, most of the WWF's better wrestlers came from the WCW (or its previous incarnation, the NWA), and WWF power mover Jim Ross came from there as well.

Concerning Steiner, I've always been a Steiner fan, mainly because he and his brother were real wrestlers in their amateur careers. Lately though, Scott has gone a bit overboard for me. Not only do steroids and HGH mess with you physically, they also can cause major psychological effects, and Scott is a posterboy example of this in my opinion. BTW, was his face still black and blue from last week? Goldberg busted him up pretty good, he had two black eyes and his nose is broken. So much for the people who claim it is 100% fake ... :Q

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
Whoo-hoo, a wrestling thread for me to ramble upon...

First the Rock comments:

I'm lazy so here are pasted stuff from other threads

<< The Iron Man match is IMO (and MANY MANY MANY MANY others) the best piece of old school wrestling exhibited in a long while, and easily one of the top 3 matches of the year.

Let's look back in his career. When Rock was on the verge of becoming a champ, he jobbed to MARK HENRY of all people, a low mid-carder at BEST. Tell a guy like Hogan to do that and he'll say no friggin way @$$hole. When Benoit first debuted in the WWF and was making his mark, and faced Rocky, guess who lost? And in a match against the Dudleyz, he took some wood to put the opposing tag team over. He's also lost to Triple H cleanly on several occasions.

Let's look back in time:

No Way Out - Rock loses to Big fat humongous Show
WM XVI - Loses to Triple H
Judgement Day - Loses to Triple H

His wrestling has improved DRAMATICALLY in the past few months. With Triple H and Benoit, Rock has managed to be a part of several ****+ matches, including the grueling Iron Man Match. Rock started the year with only a couple of moves, Rock Bottom, Spine Buster, DDT, and Samoan Drop. You'd think a guy with as much heat that he gets would just stop there (e.g. Hogan, Ultimate Warrior), but no, he's certainly done his share to improve the only things people criticize him for, his actual wrestling.

In recent months he's pulled out a sharpshooter, German suplexes and the dragonscrew legwhip, and several more. Rock's been involved in some of the hottest matches of the year, as wlel as the best. From a regular fan's standpoint and a smart fan's standpoint, he has it all, great mic skills, great charisma, has no problem jobbing to others when called upon, great brawling abilties, and as he's shown in the past few months, great wrestling abilities as well. He's no pain in the locker room either from what I know either. >>

Hope that made SOME sense. So to the average fan, Rock rules, and to the smart fan, Rock rules.

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
Whoop, forgot about the other comments about WCW/WWF. Here's my take:

The WWF is a roster full of actors of guys who've learned to wrestle, while WCW is a roster full of wrestlers who've learned to act. However, the mid-90's period is over, and the WWF easily dominates in both wrestling and entertainemnt value. Looking at the top guys in both federations, Benoit/Jericho talent wise is considerably better than Storm/Booker. Benoit has traveled the world and probably is the most talented wrestler in North America. Jericho is probably the best all around wrestler in North America, combining a mat game as well as an ariel game.

Booker/Storm are great at the fundamentals, but really don't stand out for anything much. Both are capable of carrying bad guys to decent matches and good guys to great matches, but they've never really had a real classic one, which is partly...rather mostly blamed on Russo. If you compare the rest of the roster head to head the WWF is incredibly deeper than WCW could ever be.

The absolute MAIN problem for WCW lies in Vince Russo. There's not much to be said except this guy is not a wrestling fan, knows nothing of wrestling, and is easily the worst booker in the history of wrestling. He's an egomaniac, he's a b*tch backstage, and cares little for his guys. He takes booking to the next level in a bad way, and attempts to do what the WWF has done to reach their pinnacle success, but doesn't do it effectively. Buyrates and ratings are as low as they've ever been in history, and the show they put out each and every week is as bad as it could possibly be. Kevin Nash as the world champ really reflects all that.

However they do have some fine talents out there, but the cut backs due to the $70 million or so they've lost this year doesn't help the cause any. I hope the guys like 3 Count, the Jung Dragons, Booker, and Storm are put in a better position either with the WWF or with a new head booker that knows half of what he's doing, as they certainly have paid their dues and deserve a good position. I could say the same about Bret Hart and Goldberg too, as they've certainly been through a lot of undeserved bad times.

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
thats it, tajiri, i will never make that mistake again. btw, who is kaz haiachi?

i think that vince has learned from his lesson, and has become a better humanitarian when it comes to his wrestlers. i remember going to one of the first king of the rings that came to the baltimore arena, i think that is when bret hart won and as he was being crowned, my man jerry came out and beat him up.

all-star announcing team
1. Vince McMahon
2.Bobby Heenan
3.Jerry Lawler
4. Jim Ross
5. Gorilla Monsoon
6. Kevin Kelly

SIKE, NOT #6.

but it is true the rock has learned some more moves. i just wish they would have matches without any interference. i remember it used to be rare that someone would interfere in a match, but now, it is rare a match is completed wtihout any interference. it really is pittiful

Swag1138

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2000
Kaz Hayashi is a WCW wrestler. Hes basically the leader of the Jung Dragons, though I dont think they really HAVE a leader.

And something thats gone unnoticed in this thread is the newcomers to the scene. WCW has brought in a good batch of wrestlers from the power plant, and while green and misused, they are the biggest asset that WCW has right now. If they would drop crap like the stupid Filthy Animals and MIA, and focus more on the wrestling product, utilizing their strong points in wrestlers like Jindrack and O'Haire, Above Average Mike Sanders, Reno, and not to mention their wrestling powerhouses like Mike Awesome, Lance Storm, Booker T, and yes, even Jeff Jarret, they would have a chance of turning around the company. But sadly, it appears as though we have late 90s WCW all over again, with the exclusive &quot;Main Event Club&quot;, with Kevin Nash in Hogans position, and Vinny Ru in Bischoffs position(that is on his knees)

I have been a stolid WCW fan from back as far as the NWA, and I am not very optimistic about their chances. Bischoff is no good anymore, Russo is just an all around nightmare, and Sullivan was about as entertaining a booker as watching paint dry. WWF is too over the top in most cases, for my taste, but sadly, right now, they are the better product, even though they have become content at the top, and are showing signs of becomming stale.

I just hope we get to see ECW on USA some time soon :)

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
In my opinion, the vote for the biggest freak of nature has to be Kane of WWF. The dude is close to 7' tall and over 300lbs with an enormous amount of muscle. It also looks like he's added another 10 or 15 pounds of muscle in the last couple months.

There is not many people on this earth who carry over 300lbs of bodyweight and have a relatively small waist like Kane.

soup or man

Jan 17, 2000

<<
all-star announcing team
1. Vince McMahon
2.Bobby Heenan
3.Jerry Lawler
4. Jim Ross
5. Gorilla Monsoon
6. Kevin Kelly
>>

Gorden Solie :( RIP.

WCW is suck, they can't entertain the fans...which is what it is all about now.

KidViciou$

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
WHOA, you forgot the most important part of my linup, the line that said i was kiddign about kevin kelley

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
I heard something about Scott Steiner. I'm not a big wrestling fan or anything, so maybe some of you know something about it. Someone at work told me that he heard that Scott Steiner got some muscle implants. Not alot, but atleast for his freaky biceps. Also, they had to move all the audience to one side of the arena to make it look like it sold out. Hardly anyone went.

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
You heard right Spoooon. They sometimes dim out the lights in parts of the arena so the TV cameras won't catch it the lack of an audience as well.

FatAlbo

Golden Member
May 11, 2000
What WCW has to do is stop giving the Harris Brothers a push. They're a waste compared to the real talent in WCW.

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
<< They're a waste compared to the real talent in WCW. >>

When you talk about waste, you need to talk about Kevin Nash, did you see the main event on Monday?

He couldn't have done less even if he tried :)