Any way to turn Demo mode off permanently in Radeon settings?

jhansman

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2004
I can't seem to find a way to make this setting stick; every time I fire up my PC, it is set to ON, and I get that annoying red line down the middle of YouTube (and other) videos. Anyone know how to make the OFF setting stick? Thanks!

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
I can't seem to find a way to make this setting stick; every time I fire up my PC, it is set to ON, and I get that annoying red line down the middle of YouTube (and other) videos. Anyone know how to make the OFF setting stick? Thanks!
Demo mode?
I have never seen this, can you explain how you enabled this mode?

May 11, 2008
Radeon settings > Video. In the upper right corner there is the textbutton demo off/on.
I just turned it off. Restarted and it stays off.
Strange.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Radeon settings > Video. In the upper right corner there is the textbutton demo off/on.
I just turned it off. Restarted and it stays off.
Strange.
Ahh, thanks, never noticed it before.

OP, what happens if you click reset?
I just tested it, and it seems to turn off/on OK, and stays off after a reboot.

jhansman

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2004
Reset was one of the solutions posted on AMD's site, but it too failed to keep the Demo mode off. I can't figure it; I just reset factory defaults, which turned Demo mode off, but it just won't stick. I dislike having to run the Radeon software in my tray, but now I must just to quickly get to the settings. PITA. What version of their software are you guys running? Perhaps a update or rollback is in order.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Reset was one of the solutions posted on AMD's site, but it too failed to keep the Demo mode off. I can't figure it; I just reset factory defaults, which turned Demo mode off, but it just won't stick. I dislike having to run the Radeon software in my tray, but now I must just to quickly get to the settings. PITA. What version of their software are you guys running? Perhaps a update or rollback is in order.
That seems very quirky. I don't like running the Radeon software in the system tray either so I feel your pain but unfortunately I don't have any suggestions. FWIW I don't have this issue and I'm running Radeon Software Version 16.12.1 on a MSI RX480 4gb.

May 11, 2008
PITA. What version of their software are you guys running? Perhaps a update or rollback is in order.

I have Radeon Software Version 16.12.1. for a gigabyte gaming g1 8GB RX480.
To be honest, i did not do any kind of manual install. I just took the AMD autodetection tool from the AMD website and let it figure it out. Have done so since the beginning that i own an APU and the tool was available, i never had any issues.

But when i turn the demo mode on, i do not see a red line in my local played video or youtube. How do you use the demo mode ?

jhansman

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2004
But when i turn the demo mode on, i do not see a red line in my local played video or youtube. How do you use the demo mode ?

OK, that's even weirder. How do I use it? Not at all; it just is set as an option in the software, and I have no idea why it exists. Quite possibly it sets itself to ON because of my card, a generic 2GB HD7700. I think I'll just roll my driver package back to an older version, as this is a recent development.