Any way to tell how many windows/tabs are open in browser?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I generally run Pale Moon, which is a Mozilla off-shoot. I used to run Firefox. I've never seen anything in IE, Firefox or Pale Moon that would let me know how many windows/tabs were open. All my machines are pretty low RAM at the moment (the most I have on any of my all-Windows machines is 4GB, the systems being limited by the chips) and if I get 30 or more tabs open I often start getting glitches, slowdowns or outright browser crashes. The slowdowns are usually, I figure, due to too many tabs open, hogging my RAM. It would be helpful to know how many tabs are open. I know that stuff is in there because after I close the browser or it crashes, I'm asked if I want to restore my X number of windows and Y number of tabs. Is there a way to find out without the browser closing first?

Nashemon

Jun 14, 2012
A hard number, I'm not aware of. I estimate by using the arrow at the right end which drops down the list that you can scroll up and down through. It will vary depending on your resolution, but if you count how many tabs are required to fill the screen once, you can often guestimate with that.

Last edited: