Any way to run 2 WoW apps at once?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Originally posted by: Aikouka
Originally posted by: KMFJD
1 run 4 instances of wow on my dual core system (2gb ram) with a 8800gt card, average fps is about 38 per instance...It works fine...

http://www.dual-boxing.com/

Same class? I find controlling 2 different classes at once can be a bit taxing at times :eek:.

I am trying a 1 Paladin/4 Hunter team at the moment, easiest to play by far is a priest/warlock group and an all shaman group is very popular at the moment.

lariz

Mar 13, 2007
Originally posted by: gizbug
ANswer is no.
Next question

Last question:
I have 1 WoW box installed (with BC). Would I have to buy a new box and install it along with buying a new account or can I just buy another account for $15 and play both from my first install?

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Originally posted by: Aikouka
1 run 4 instances of wow on my dual core system (2gb ram) with a 8800gt card, average fps is about 38 per instance...It works fine...

http://www.dual-boxing.com/

Same class? I find controlling 2 different classes at once can be a bit taxing at times :eek:.

I am trying a 1 Paladin/4 Hunter team at the moment, easiest to play by far is a priest/warlock group and an all shaman group is very popular at the moment.

WTF? You play 4 WoW accounts at once? Something is wrong with you

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: lariz
ANswer is no.
Next question

Last question:
I have 1 WoW box installed (with BC). Would I have to buy a new box and install it along with buying a new account or can I just buy another account for $15 and play both from my first install?

Unless something has changed since I played (and it's possible) don't you still need a new copy of WoW and a new copy of BC for the new account?

BZeto

Platinum Member
Apr 28, 2002
Originally posted by: lariz
ANswer is no.
Next question

Last question:

You can play 2 accounts from the same WoW/BC install. As far as obtaining the 2nd account, you'd still need to buy another WoW retail and the expansion.

Dec 30, 2004
Just get MMOglider; I used that to take my 2nd warlock to 70 (undead; first was alli). If you are careful and create your own profiles and configure the program correctly and don't use other peoples' and don't afk glide, you'll be fine.