Question Any way to get my tray icons in Win10 on the bottom right?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I don't like them at bottom left... it's just my setup here. I moved the tray to the right, but the icons are at the top. I have to tilt my head up to see them... nasty. Am I SOL here?

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
As I understand it, Win 10 owns the Notification Area (lower right) and won't allow you to control it.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
As I understand it, Win 10 owns the Notification Area (lower right) and won't allow you to control it.
Guess so. But seems to me I've seen it done in WinXP. Or am I imagining this. I've seen the icons all over the bottom placed taskbar in WinXP, but in Win10 they seem to have a designated portion whether it's placed on bottom or right.

BW86

Lifer
Jul 20, 2004
Create a new folder anywhere on your computer and paste all those shortcuts you wants to pin on the right side.
Now right click on Taskbar => Toolbars => New toolbar...
Now select the folder where all your shortcuts are.
Now right click the Taskbar and uncheck "Lock the taskbar"
Now right click on newly added toolbar and uncheck "Show text" and "Show title".
Now again right click on taskbar toolbar => View => Large icons
Now again lock the taskbar and you are done.

I just tried it and it works. Here what mine looked like.

2gItjC9.png

Last edited:
Reactions: RLGL and Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Create a new folder anywhere on your computer and paste all those shortcuts you wants to pin on the right side.
Now right click on Taskbar => Toolbars => New toolbar...
Now select the folder where all your shortcuts are.
Now right click the Taskbar and uncheck "Lock the taskbar"
Now right click on newly added toolbar and uncheck "Show text" and "Show title".
Now again right click on taskbar toolbar => View => Large icons
Now again lock the taskbar and you are done.

I just tried it and it works. Here what mine looked like.

2gItjC9.png
Thanks. I tried something like that yesterday. Didn't work, finally gave up. Got instructions at a website. I created a folder but didn't put anything in it. It didn't say to put anything in it! I will try your steps.