Any warm dim/warm glow chandelier candelabra filament LED bulbs yet?

magreen

Golden Member
Dec 27, 2006
I want my house to be all LED. I'm just about there but I can't find any good LED bulbs for my chandeliers. I like them to turn more orange when you dim them, like traditional incandescents do. I really like the Philips Warm Glow bulbs and use them as much as I can in all my fixtures.

But they don't yet make them in filament with a candelabra base that I've seen. They make them not in filament style, but that doesn't work well when the bulb is pointing upwards and you want light to shine downwards on the table. Also, the white collar around the base is ugly. They also make them in filament style but with the medium base. Anyone know of any? I can't find.

magreen

Golden Member
Dec 27, 2006
Nope. I’m talking about dimmable bulbs whose color temperature changes from 2700K to 2200K as you dim them.

magreen

Golden Member
Dec 27, 2006
Update: they appear to exist as vaporware but they're not in stock anywhere.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips...-E12-Soft-White-2700K-3-Pack-536664/309686121

Edit: I see they're in stock for the first time on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KQZJTS6/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought them. I'm skeptical that they will actually be what they say they are. I've seen previous reviews on Amazon for similar bulbs saying what arrived was not what was pictured/described--either didn't have a candelabra base, or did not have the warm glow feature. Here's hoping. We will see.

Last edited:

magreen

Golden Member
Dec 27, 2006
For the filament LEDs I already have, they're not perfect but I like them. And I hate the thought of paying twice for electricity for the old fashioned bulbs. Once to light the bulb and twice for air conditioning to remove the heat they produce.

Reactions: herm0016

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
no reason at all not to be all LED now. we have had the feit filament look leds and they look good in my opinion, and they will last and use less power.

i have not bought a light bulb in years.

magreen

Golden Member
Dec 27, 2006
Hmm. Now Amazon is saying my order will be delivered on 6/25 (even though I used Prime shipping). And the bulbs are showing as "In stock on June 24" on Amazon.

I still think these might be vaporware.

magreen

Golden Member
Dec 27, 2006
Well, in case anyone is interested in an update, these Philips bulbs did arrive. And I was wrong, they are not vaporware.

The light from them is good. But they are a little bit longer and bulkier than the traditional chandelier bulbs they replaced. They make the chandelier and hanging lantern fixtures look a little more bulky and a little less graceful. But the wife says they're not terrible and she'll get used to it. And I like the power savings so we're keeping them in there for now.