Any UIUC Students/Alums?

mwmorph

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2004
Does anyone have any recommendations about housing choices at UIUC?

I'm looking ot go next year and to live on campus housing but not sure which dorms I should choose.

I've heard good things about ISR(Illinois Street) and bad things about FAR(Florida Avenue) and PAR (Pennsylvania Avenue) as far as locations go. I've also heard bad things about Hendrick House(rules).

Does anyone have recommendations, I'm looking at ISR, Bromley House right now. Is Bromley house worth the extra $$? I'm an out of state student coming from a upper middle class family so I'm basically paying full price out of state tuition at UIUC so price is a big consideration and so is location. I'm in the school of Mechanical Engineering if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Heh, they're all pretty much equally bad though I would place the Six Pack at the bottom. ISR and FAR have air conditioning but ISR has a much better location. I lived at FAR for two years and it wasn't bad. And just about all of the dorms are the same age, built back in the 60's and 70's. But they are finally going to be building a new dorm in the Six Pack I think.