Any Terraria experts? NPC's won't move into my house

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
Hey guys, Terraria noob here. I have my house all sealed up, lit up, and have all these empty rooms. Currently the guide is just chilling in the dirt below my house, I sealed him up down there for his protection from the zombies, but he absolutely refuses to enter my house... Is there an element I am missing?

Thanks!

2eec4jk.jpg

kingcold9

Dec 8, 2010
the rooms may not be big enough, you can check by opening your inventory, clicking the house thing to the right of the screen, hitting the question mark and clicking the rooms. it will let you know if they are suitable housing.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
The house is also not sealed, you have a platform to the house, the NPC think its not closed up. Make hole for him to get out, close the platform in, and he will come in door.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
How to populate your house:

Rooms in your home must meet the following criteria before NPCs will move in (in addition to their own game requirements):

Must be above "ground level"
Must be of a minimum size
Must be constructed out of a material OTHER than dirt
Must be fully enclosed (including "background" wall)
Must have a light source
Must have a door
Must have a minimum of 1 table and 1 chair

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
The house is also not sealed, you have a platform to the house, the NPC think its not closed up. Make hole for him to get out, close the platform in, and he will come in door.

The house doesn't have to be sealed, just the room.