Question Any suggestions?

rhsou

Jul 28, 2020
I haven't done a build in quite a few years so I haven't kept up with the tech. With a bit of research I've come up with this for my semi gaming and semi general use home computer in the USA. Anyone have any suggestions on things I should change? I do need to be careful to not let the cost get higher.

Campy

Jun 25, 2010
One thing that really stands out to me is the case. It looks very outdated, like a case from 10 years ago. Requiring an optical drive bay really limits your options as most cases don't have them anymore. Is it strictly necessary or could you get by with a USB connected optical drive?

Some cases to look at would be Phanteks P400A, Fractal Design Meshify C, Cooler Master TD500 Mesh, Cooler Master NR600, Cooler Master H500. All of them should have pretty good airflow, though some of them could benefit from 1-2 additional fans.

Perhaps this memory.

Also I'd be wary of buying an expensive high end graphics card right now, as a new generation of cards from both AMD and Nvidia are coming out within the next two months and you should get far better value with the new cards.

rhsou

Jul 28, 2020
I am currently using a USB cd drive and find it to be rather a pain. I was specifically looking for a red and black case with an external drive bay.
Thanks for suggestions. I'll look into them.
I will definitely delay the graphics card. I have an old card that I can put in there for temporary use.

Last edited: