any smartwatch for dumb phones?

luv2liv

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
i love my pebble watch! especially for the txt and caller id. it connects over bluetooth to my smartphone without any fuss.
so i was very surprised that when i paired to a dumb phone over bluetooth, the watch doesnt work at all. tried the watch with moto flip phone razor and blackberrry pearl, none worked with the pebble watch.
do you know any smartwatch that will work with feature phones? i just need incoming txt and caller id.

reckonova

Nov 28, 2018
Nobody answered your question so long ago, but I was wondering if you were ever able to answer it for yourself. I was addicted to smartphones so now I rock a flip phone, however my smartwatch won't connect.

So, any smartwatch/dumbphone combos you've found since then? Thank ya

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Wow! Three whole years and no updates on this issue.

I am guessing "no" because most of them arent just a wifi or bluetooth connection, they are an OS connection. Like the Blackberry Playbook and their phones.

reckonova

Nov 28, 2018
Ya, true. However, if these guys ever get up and running, it is technically a smart watch / dumb phone... I hope they do well, since it's linux based >> https://neptune.co/

It's surprising that nobody has created a basic feature phone / smart watch combo . If my bluetooth flip phone can send calls to my car and alert me, the technology is definitely there for a basic notification system. Heck, even casio has jumped on board, but they require an app.

But I must say, I'm no longer a flip phone person as of today, I'm giving the Nokia 3310 a shot hehe. Couldn't resist the candy colors

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
^^ i've long thought that i'd rather have a wearable hotspot that everything can connect through, and the 'phone' be just small tablet. problem is a wrist wearable is gonna have terrible battery life and possibly compromised antenna/reception in comparison to our big 6" slate phones.

reckonova

Nov 28, 2018
Exactly ya, unless they plan on the entire band being the battery, which would be sweet for it. These companies keep trying to cram everything into just the face...

I remember being so excited to put spotify on my Samsung Gear 2 and go running. It went from 100% to 0% in 15-20 minutes :p

luv2liv

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
i did not find a solution. it's ok, i got back to the smartphone cause i cant live without GPS and emails

reckonova

Nov 28, 2018
Hey Hey! I totally agree with that!

The way I got around the GPS problem was a radio with built in GPS navigation.

As for the emails, you know what came to my mind but have largely ignored as a possible compromise?? Blackberry. Surprising that I've just looked back into them, but they still make phones with their own OS, and also claim to have android wear compatibility.

If the blackberry os continues to exist, I may "upgrade" to that after my Nokia 3310.

I'm not worried about the swipe&scroll zombies rising in the world. I see that other areas of industry are catching up, especially with the auto world, and people wanting to be less overwhelmed is a rising trend these past 2 years, so you're not alone!

Pedro6384

Jan 18, 2020
i love my pebble watch! especially for the txt and caller id. it connects over bluetooth to my smartphone without any fuss.
so i was very surprised that when i paired to a dumb phone over bluetooth, the watch doesnt work at all. tried the watch with moto flip phone razor and blackberrry pearl, none worked with the pebble watch.
do you know any smartwatch that will work with feature phones? i just need incoming txt and caller id.

I successfully connected my Nokia 3310 with a u80 smart watch. I can use it for calls.