Any signal amplifier that'll work with HDTV/digital cable?

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Digital cable in SD seems to work ok but the signal doesn't seem to be strong enough for HD. The picture constantly breaks up and sometimes becomes out of sync with the sound. It's really annoying.

I tried using a signal amplifier that I had but it's not compatible with digital cable. I can't really call Comcast because I'm not paying for digital cable, I'm picking up the free channels with a QAM tuner.

I guess I could try picking up HD over the air, but I'd rather try to get this to work first.

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Originally posted by: mercanucaribe
I don't think poor signal quality would cause sound to be out of sync with video.

It usually only lasts a few seconds. Basically it looks like satellite does when there is a bad rain storm.

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
Comcast does that sometimes , i guess.
I don't have HD , so don't know about that specifically, but some channels "skip" sometimes.

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Are you using the right type of coax? When I had a run of RG59 in my digital cable setup, some channels looked horrible. After switching to RG6 the distortion went away.

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Kaervak
Are you using the right type of coax? When I had a run of RG59 in my digital cable setup, some channels looked horrible. After switching to RG6 the distortion went away.

It's RG6 but it's about 15ft long.

Mackie2k

May 18, 2000
www.windowsintune.com
15 feet is nothing.....

If you are using a 3rd party QAM tuner, it's probably not setup to sync the audio/video properly for Comcast. The HD recievers are setupt to address this....

Goto HDTvoice.com or avsforum.com and post your question, they'll have better fixes over Anandtech.