Any reason not to get a free freedompop service?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Feeling little need for a cell phone I got a Nexus 6 on sale.

I saw that google Fi is considered a benefit, a low cost service and planned to get that.

Now, slickdeals has a promotion for freedompop, which I first heard of in the deal, for free service (talk, and 1gb data monthly).

Not being that informed about the options, that sounds like quite a nice deal. Get that?

monkey333

Apr 20, 2007
Just picked up an moto e primarily as an mp3 player. Going to activate it on ring plus for a month or so and see how it goes. Otherwise have the Nexus 6 on Google fi and love the phone.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Glad to hear google fi is good - but deciding now whether to get this free freedompop service instead, don't know how long the offer lasts, so would want to get it tonight.

Last edited:

monkey333

Apr 20, 2007
Signed up for ringplus today with my moto e - 1.7 gig, turned off mms, using Google hangouts for picture messaging as they charge 4 cents a text. Charged me 23 bux, should be able to stay under that cap.

I'm such a cheapo after getting screwed by sprint for years. Ironically, ringplus uses their network. I get decent sprint coverage round here.