Any Our Lady Peace fans out there?

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
I've been into this band for a few years now.. the latest CD "Gravity" is awesome! I've been listening to it like a mental patient for the last few weeks
I have to say they are one of my favorite bands of the last 3-5 years. (and there aren't many new bands out there I like)
Anybody else agree?

DnetMHZ

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Not really... I got into them 5 years ago or when Naveed came out. I loved it, and I saw them when they came to town. Everything afterwards seemed very "blah" to me, and never inspired me enough to go out a buy their other albums. Glad you still enjoy their stuff though :)

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Yeah I love them. Favourite album is still naveed though, their new one just wasn't up to par :(

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Mucman
Not really... I got into them 5 years ago or when Naveed came out. I loved it, and I saw them when they came to town. Everything afterwards seemed very "blah" to me, and never inspired me enough to go out a buy their other albums. Glad you still enjoy their stuff though :)

Yes "Naveed" was great.. I was also really into "Clumsy" what I really like about them is that you can actually listen to the whole CD's and not have to skip
any songs like you do with 99.9% of bands today. The song writing is really quite good.

another newer band that is the same way is Days of the new/Tantric.. the first DOTN CD is incredible

DnetMHZ

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
<---turned onto OLP by ex-gf. Now LOVES them.

I went and saw OLP in chicago a month or so ago. I love most of their songs, except for the hard core guitar songs.

my fave songs:
4am
are you sad?
clumsy
Life **i LOVE this song**
automatic flowers
somewhere out there

-=bmacd=-

p.s. see sig :p

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: bmacd
<---turned onto OLP by ex-gf. Now LOVES them.

I went and saw OLP in chicago a month or so ago. I love most of their songs, except for the hard core guitar songs.

my fave songs:
4am
are you sad?
clumsy
Life **i LOVE this song**
automatic flowers
somewhere out there

-=bmacd=-

p.s. see sig :p

They played here in NJ a few months ago but I couldn't make the show.. would have really liked to see them.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
i never listened to alternative music before OLP. Now i listen to New found glory, Fenix TX, LOTS of blink 182, and some other stuff

-=bmacd=-

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
i never listened to alternative music before OLP. Now i listen to New found glory, Fenix TX, LOTS of blink 182, and some other stuff

-=bmacd=-

I hate most alternative music but OLP I really like. They are I think a cut above most of the newer bands out there today

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: neomits
Yep Good Stuff

I like their new CD a lot better. Not quite as whiney

actually, Gravity is my least favorite CD. They seemed to have changed their style completely. If they hit MTV, i'll probably stop listening as they'll really change their style.

-=bmacd=-

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
Yep Good Stuff

actually, Gravity is my least favorite CD. They seemed to have changed their style completely. If they hit MTV, i'll probably stop listening as they'll really change their style.

-=bmacd=-

I didn't like it much at first either..but it has really grown on me.

neomits

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
Yep Good Stuff

-=bmacd=-

I liked most of their past mainstream songs its just his voice can get annoying in some songs. Gravity its more toned town.

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
Yep Good Stuff

-=bmacd=-

I liked most of their past mainstream songs its just his voice can get annoying in some songs. Gravity its more toned town.

For some reason I like his voice.. usually I can't take that type of sound but I like this one.

SWirth86

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2001
I like Our Lady Peace.....I have Clumsy and Spiritual Machines. I've got to check out their older and newer stuff:)

HamSupLo

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
are a lot of their old material like that pop single, "Somewhere out there"? The reason i ask is i saw the video to that song and thought to myself that's just another pretty boy rock band. Cookie cutter music without any soul.

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I got Naveed on here

Yes the server is technically on-line, but I will be soon implementing IP address restrictions...

EDIT Woops! Looks like I don't have it :eek: I am going to rip it right now... just give me a few minutes :)

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: jooksing
are a lot of their old material like that pop single, "Somewhere out there"? The reason i ask is i saw the video to that song and thought to myself that's just another pretty boy rock band. Cookie cutter music without any soul.

GOD NO. their newest effort is severely sub-par. rob rock of metallica production fame produced it and did it all ass backwards. they used arnold lanni (the man) for the other 4 and it brought out the best in their style.

their best albums in order are:

1) clumsy (1997)
2) spiritual machines (2000)
3) happiness is not a fish that you can catch (1999)
4) naveed (1994)
5) gravity (2002)

download some songs like 'superman's dead', 'in repair', 'one man army', 'starseed' and 'naveed'.