Any of you guys listen to Switchfoot?

dmurray14

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2003
Seems to be a very good band. My brother let me listen to a few of their songs, and I like them a lot, especially "Only Hope" and "Meant to Live."

I must say I didn't really know about them until he showed me them though...you guys listen to them? If so, any other suggestions for music like this?

Dan

Mar 22, 2002
Yeah, I like them. I don't know any other bands with their type of sound though. Bump and good luck with finding other bands like them. :beer:

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
I've been a fan for a year or two - I don't get into all of their songs but I think I have a resistance/aversion to their messages, so it takes longer for their stuff to grow on me.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: azncoffeeboi
i kinda like them... older works better than newer though.

Chem6a is a great song.

chem 6a is a class @ UCSD!!

wait aren't they from UCSD?..i forgot...they came down here to do a concert for free for the students not too long ago

nater

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2001
I remember seeing them right around the time they put their first CD out...I want to say 5 or 6 years ago. When I heard the song "Meant to Live" and found out it was by Switchfoot I was pretty surprised.

ryzmah

Feb 17, 2003
I haven't heard them in six years or so - caught them at a concert where they opened for The W's and Five Iron Frenzy and they seemed decent then.

Stojakapimp

Platinum Member
Jun 28, 2002
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP
Originally posted by: azncoffeeboi
i kinda like them... older works better than newer though.

Chem6a is a great song.

chem 6a is a class @ UCSD!!

wait aren't they from UCSD?..i forgot...they came down here to do a concert for free for the students not too long ago

You bet they are, but they haven't graduated yet. Maybe someday they'll come back.

Anyways, I took Chem 6A and got a C in that class...it was not fun at all

Jun 18, 2000
I bought "A Beautiful Letdown" on a friend's recommandation. Some decent songs and most are easy to listen to. Most of it is a little "happy" sounding for my taste, but not a bad CD.