Any of you geeks know about pools?

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Yikes. How long did it take your pool to get that way in the first place? No cleaning through the winter?

Unheard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2003
Thats nasty. What did you need, about 300 bags of shock to get that thing clean?

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001

ewww...please tell me that you didn;t swim in that

Originally posted by: BigJ
Did you get that dye that turns colors when urine hits it?

LOFL..that would be HILARIOUS

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: compnovice
I know pools have bugs in them...thats about it....

You should also realize that pools should never be green...especially FOREST green.

Your pool was like saint patrick's day meets the shining, modeps.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Haha, yeah well... things had a way of kicking my ass when I was down. Last summer my wife and I went away for a week to Jamaica. I turned off the filter because it was acting weird and I didnt want any problems. I came back to a pool with some leaves in it, and a little green. I tried to get it back to clear, but to no avail... so we just had another company close it.

This year, I take the cover off and it's still greenish but not as bad as in that picture... I tried to hook up the pump and the piping fell apart in my hands (rusted through). It took me a month of going back and forth to the pool store with various attempts at hooking the pool back up (It was like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole type of deal) parts would break after it was working for a day... it was great fun. A month without the top on and the sun hitting the pool helped the algae population a bit.

Finally we got it going.. and there you see the before and after shots of chemical treatment. "Yellow Out" algae killer, about 24 1-lb bags of shock, and lots of leaf hunting and vaccuuming.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
Originally posted by: Unheard
Thats nasty. What did you need, about 300 bags of shock to get that thing clean?

bags?

Shock comes in liquid and powder form.. I buy the powder (bags).

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Dude...wtf happened to your bug thread? I can't find it.

Anyways, that bug was a caterpillar hunter.

May 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Modeps
Haha, yeah well... things had a way of kicking my ass when I was down. Last summer my wife and I went away for a week to Jamaica. I turned off the filter because it was acting weird and I didnt want any problems. I came back to a pool with some leaves in it, and a little green. I tried to get it back to clear, but to no avail... so we just had another company close it.

This year, I take the cover off and it's still greenish but not as bad as in that picture... I tried to hook up the pump and the piping fell apart in my hands (rusted through). It took me a month of going back and forth to the pool store with various attempts at hooking the pool back up (It was like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole type of deal) parts would break after it was working for a day... it was great fun. A month without the top on and the sun hitting the pool helped the algae population a bit.

Finally we got it going.. and there you see the before and after shots of chemical treatment. "Yellow Out" algae killer, about 24 1-lb bags of shock, and lots of leaf hunting and vaccuuming.

man why didnt you just buy a 25# bucket of shock?

also you can we hang that portion of liner thats out of track,lower the water level alittle and get your biggest pot, fill it and bring to a boil then pour it on the spot and tug and clip.

i own a pool company.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: surferdude
also you can we hang that portion of liner thats out of track,lower the water level alittle and get your biggest pot, fill it and bring to a boil then pour it on the spot and tug and clip.

Uh...I about half followed that...could you clarify?

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
Originally posted by: So

Heres the other half

Looks like you have a sag in your liner or that you have a beaded liner and that the bead popped out.

Either way pour hot water on it and stretch it back into place.

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Good job. My pool looks that bad in the Spring usually befcause I don't touch after it gets cold and it is under big trees so I get lots of leaves in it.

I actually took care of it this year so I has not looked that bad for at least 18 months.

May 2, 2004
Originally posted by: bctbct
Originally posted by: So

Heres the other half

Looks like you have a sag in your liner or that you have a beaded liner and that the bead popped out.

Either way pour hot water on it and stretch it back into place.

thx yea what he said:)