Any of ya sweat a lot?

Red

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2002
I've got a weird sweating problem. Maybe some of you do to! Here's the deal: I usually sweat in any amount of stress, even light, but not when normal people sweat. I would get so embarrassed in school because if I wore a single t-shirt or polo shirt (without an undershirt) you could see my pit stains.... so I learned quickly that I had to wear t-shirts underneath everything.

Unless I'm completely, absolutely relaxed (sleeping, watching a movie at home, etc) ... my hands can get clammy. For example, I'm at work right now because my job is so easy and I get to sit by myself and browse the internet all day, I am not sweating at all and my hands are completely dry... but when @ school or at a restaraunt, I'll start sweating and my hands clam up.

Next weird thing -- in high school wrestling we would lock our wrestling room and turn on the heater...even if it was really hot outside we'd close up the room and turn on the heater to lose a lot of water weight. We would do sprints and everything and everyone would be dripping with sweat and I'd only be sweating a small bit.... once we got outside of the wrestling room and after practice, especially during season so it was cold outside, THEN I would start sweating.

It's just embarrassing when I see someone at school or something and I shake their hand or give em five or whatever and I know my hands are clammy..... or if I'm out at a nice place I hate knowing that I always have to wear a t-shirt underneath so pit stains don't come through. Anyone else have this problem?

Grey

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 1999
Doesn't seem to have affected your love life (per sig picture). But do you drink coffee or any other caffeine type drinks?

neovan

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
you have a condition called hyperhydrosis. there's surgery that snips something underneath your armpits to cure this.

Red

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2002
Originally posted by: neovan
you have a condition called hyperhydrosis. there's surgery that snips something underneath your armpits to cure this.

Is that similar to having Botox injected in your armpits? An in-law of mine also has this problem and said he had cosmetic botox injected into his armpits and he doesn't sweat at all in his armpits and it lasts like 6 months at a time.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I sweat like crazy, although not when I'm nervous, but when the temperature gets above about 76 degrees.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Your blood pressure is normal? Not to give you a health concern. A lot of people sweat.

deerslayer

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Jzero
I sweat like crazy, although not when I'm nervous, but when the temperature gets above about 76 degrees.

Me too. Except probably about 65 degrees.

neovan

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Redhotjrm
Originally posted by: neovan

Is that similar to having Botox injected in your armpits? An in-law of mine also has this problem and said he had cosmetic botox injected into his armpits and he doesn't sweat at all in his armpits and it lasts like 6 months at a time.

i don't think they inject anything into your body but just snip

here's a link to a doctor that does the surgery in the LA area

gooch

Oct 11, 1999
I sweat a lot as well. I have gotten used to it though. While exercising I am drenched in a matter of minutes. Eating hot food gets me sweating pretty well too. I have gotten many a stare and whispers from across the room when eating Thai food (My head would be dripping with sweat) and the servers tend to leave the pitcher of water at the table. My hands get clammy as well, but there is no harm in performing the "wipe the palm on the clothes" maneuver before shaking hands with somebody.

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
I feel lucky. I have to totally bust ass to break a sweat. No yellow armpits here....guess I'm not High School English teacher or management material

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
yeah i sweated like mad when i used to play basketball, and if im just overheated period.... sweaty hands too... like at movies, etc

RavnShield

Jul 18, 2002
I sweat like crazy too. After 30 min of running, almost all of my shirt is drenched. My skin is starting to have problems with too much sweat, I start getting rashes on my back and chest. Yes, it sux.