Any modded xbox experts around?

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
My room mate has an xbox on which the dvd-rom refuses to play games anymore. It has a mod chip in it and the only games that can be played are the roms on the hard drive(nes and sega) and madden 2007 which was copied to the hard drive by a friend. The problem is i have no idea how he copied madden to the hard drive and i want to replace it with mlb 2k7. I have the disc image of mlb 2k7 i just need to actually copy it to the hard drive now. I can connect it to the home network(on a lynksis wrt54g router) but i'm not sure what software you need to transfer files to the modded xbox.

BKLounger

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
all you need to do is ftp into the xbox to transfer your files oer to it.

personally i use flashfxp

Bryan

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Edit - I see you mentioned that you have the disc image. You need something like Qwix to get it over there.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: BKLounger

Yep that's the way to do it easily. Just put your Xbox on your network.

Unheard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2003

Login is usually xbox/xbox

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
The answers that you need are all here:

FlashFXP
xbox:xbox@ftp
Qwix

Qwest

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2001
Yep, Qwik will extract the image and send it over. Be sure you copy it to the F: drive.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
ok i think ive figured out how to copy it over but i'm not sure how to delete the old game.

parsley007

Golden Member
Aug 13, 2003
i would just use craxtion to extract the iso on your pc then transfer the files over. you shouldn't have to delete the other game unless the hd isn't upgraded in it. if it isn't, you would have to delete madden to transfer mlb 2k7.

BKLounger

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
to delete the old game. Again i would open up ftp and ftp into the xbox then just right click on the game folder i want to get rid of and hit delete.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
to delete the old game. Again i would open up ftp and ftp into the xbox then just right click on the game folder i want to get rid of and hit delete.

yah do this. i am constantly sending tv episodes to my xbox and deleting them because i have the factory HD in it so I need the room.

just use craxton to extract the image, then ftp it over to your xbox and make sure it's in the same parent directory as madden was.

You can actually put it anywhere ont he HDD, but you would just need an xbox hdd browser to locate the .xbe and launch it.

Bryan

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: purbeast0

yah do this. i am constantly sending tv episodes to my xbox and deleting them because i have the factory HD in it so I need the room.

just use craxton to extract the image, then ftp it over to your xbox and make sure it's in the same parent directory as madden was.

You can actually put it anywhere ont he HDD, but you would just need an xbox hdd browser to locate the .xbe and launch it.

You could set up a share on your PC and stream them with XBMC. I haven't copied any media to my Xbox in years.