Any Mandarin speakers on ATOT?

Banana

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
Hoping to find someone to translate this into colloquail Mandarin:
I recall fondly that morning we had together. It was almost magical, like in the movies. I chuckle when I think of our stumbling attempts to communicate, and you were very gracious. I will be travelling to your city next month and hope we can meet again. I would like to know you better.

Update: Things are going great. We've been dating long distance. I flew over to see her once, and i've asked her to move in with me!

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
google translate

希望能找到人将其翻译成口语化的普通话:
我深情地回忆起我们在一起的那个早晨。这几乎是神奇的,就像在电影中一样。当我想到我们在交流时的失败尝试时,我笑了,你非常亲切。下个月我会去你的城市旅行,希望我们能再见面。我想更了解你。

not too shabby

I am assuming you are looking for Simplified Chinese

Banana

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
I have a little knowledge of simplified Chinese, but the other person does the hard stuff. Thanks for trying!
That Google Translation is very wordy and too literal. "It was almost magical, like in the movies" works in English, but how would a native Chinese speaker express that sentiment?

For the first sentence, I tried a different English input and got much better results from Google Translate:
I remember our delightful morning. --> 我记得我们愉快的早晨。

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I have a little knowledge of simplified Chinese, but the other person does the hard stuff. Thanks for trying!
That Google Translation is very wordy and too literal. "It was almost magical, like in the movies" works in English, but how would a native Chinese speaker express that sentiment?

For the first sentence, I tried a different English input and got much better results from Google Translate:
I remember our delightful morning. --> 我记得我们愉快的早晨。

I cannot guess at your intentions, which is essential for the translation to work.

Reactions: Banana

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
我无法忘记我们在一起的早晨
我不能忘记我们一起度过的早晨

might be more of the connotation you are aiming for...
(Also pumped out of google translate).

Last edited:

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
My first time reading anything he wrote and it seemed fairly obvious. :)
He might be bad at English too. Also, Chinese is usually more reserved so striking the right tone needs full understanding of intentions and circumstances.

bba-tcg

Apr 8, 2010
computerguyonline.net
He might be bad at English too. Also, Chinese is usually more reserved so striking the right tone needs full understanding of intentions and circumstances.
Okay. His English looked normal to me. And his intentions seemed clear. But, really, what I said to you was supposed to be a joke, so I guess I'm the one that's not clear. Lol.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Okay. His English looked normal to me. And his intentions seemed clear. But, really, what I said to you was supposed to be a joke, so I guess I'm the one that's not clear. Lol.
No biggie, my responses are usually funny ones, but like I said, I don't know op so not sure if funny replies are acceptable.