any laws on the topic? I was sent the wrong item from a business via mail, do I have to ship it back?

Page 24 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: ModerateRepZero
while I'm not fond of necroposting, this IS an epic thread ;-)

It was called for. There was a thread VERY similar to this one and I wanted to see if this OP had logged on.

I think we scared him off guys.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Originally posted by: waggy
wow. i can't beleive how many moraly bankrupt people there are.

he can't slap a shipping label on the screen or just set it outside by the road.

The actions of the OP are indeed morally bankrupt, but...

Sure he can, theft of the mail is a federal offense, once it is placed out by the mailbox with the label it is no longer his responsibility. He put it out by the mailbox and put up the flag. What more do you want? The OP has no reasonable expectation to take it anywhere. While it is in the companies best interest to insure there is a verified chain of possession by sending a call tag by ups or fedex. If they are uncomfortable with it sitting by the roadside mailbox, then it is their responsibility to choose a different means of transport.

Zee

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
# Last Activity: 12-02-2009 02:27 PM

So how's that tv working out eh?

Mike Gayner

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2007
Mistakes happen. Apart from the fact it's OBVIOUSLY illegal to keep it, it makes you a complete fucking jackass.

Status
Not open for further replies.