Question Any laptop screen at 25hz interlaced?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nickmania

Aug 11, 2016
Hi, I know this could sound rare for some of you, bur for the healthy of my eyes I have found that is better to use screens that makes some flick instead of the current high refresh rates. This makes your eyes less acomodating to the screen and the effect when eyes have difficult to focus in normal life is atenuated. This is created by the continuos work the eye muscles need to do to adapt the flickering, is like a bodybuilding for the eyes, and in some cases, can help for this eye problems. I am using a proyector and a monitor at 25hz interlaced at home, but every laptop I try cannot reach this low resolution levels. Did you know a laptop screen that can make this low resolution and do not have any type of flick free technology?

Thank you.

dovez

Apr 14, 2021
Btw, I am using 25 Hz Interlaced on my LCD as we speak. It's connected via HDMI. It's a bit flickery and blurry, but it works. And it improves the video watching experience for me.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Btw, I am using 25 Hz Interlaced on my LCD as we speak. It's connected via HDMI. It's a bit flickery and blurry, but it works. And it improves the video watching experience for me.
Pretty sure if you're sending an interlaced signal, your LCD is just deinterlacing it.

AFAIK, LCDs can only display a progressive signal.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

You can send interlaced signal to the lcd display, it will just deinterlace and display it in progressive.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Provide sources from a licensed ophthalmologist that substantiate your conjecture, proof of what one diagnosed your condition to be, and the prescribed treatment being what you seek.

windmills.jpg

Reactions: VirtualLarry

dovez

Apr 14, 2021
Fun thing I noticed. When I'm on 25Hz or 30Hz internaced on my LCD and open this attached picture I created, and the size is 100%, then the whole picture flickers very visibly. Btw, this 25Hz interlaced mode also works on Windows 10 with the right drivers, but I think to be able to use it, the monitor or TV needs to be connected via an HDMI cable.

And the Benq monitor I mentioned earlier is not good for people with PWM sensitivities after all.

Attachments

• 444444444.png
    444444444.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 6

dovez

Apr 14, 2021
I noticed that to make this 25 Hz interlaced mode appear in the list of all modes, it's necessary to first uncheck the box in the monitor tab that says "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display".