Any knife folks out there?

mplutodh1

Nov 26, 2004
Any of you knife folks? I have wanted a nice every-day-carry for a while now. I am super picky though, originally was leaning towards the Spyderco C90 but it's a bit on the long side for a pocket carry.

http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=166

So my roommate suggested possibly the Spyderco C32.

http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=157

I want a smooth blade, no-auto flip crap, I'd prefer the belt clip be at the very extreme of the knife, want to make sure as much of the sucker is in my pocket, not sticking out.

Anyone have any good knife sites they go to? Good retailers that have a wide range of knives and are worth doing business with?

Minjin

Platinum Member
Jan 18, 2003
Calypso Jr. As a small, useful, crazy sharp knife that you're likely to carry everywhere, it can't be beat. Especially at its price.

Mark

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
I like my CRKT. The blade folds against the body. I removed the clip so it's 2/3 regular thickness. Does everything a knife should do... cut. You'd have to have big pockets to carry one of those Spydercos.

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
If you are near Tennessee, there is the Smoky Mountain Knife Shop which is 2 or 3 floors of knify goodness.

If you arent, the brands I use are Gerber and CaseXX. i have never been let down by either of them and I dont go on any sort of trip without either my caseXX in my pocket or my Gerber multi-tool on my belt.

mplutodh1

Nov 26, 2004
Originally posted by: Safeway
Benchmade.

Model suggestions? I love benchmades however they are typically a bit more than I want to spend on an every-day-carry

kogase

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2004
Uh... I'm not a man-o-war or a redneck phlegm gulper, so I tend to carry around a Swiss Army knife.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
The link in my sig has forums with serious knife guys who would love to talk about the pro's and con's of various brands. You are invited to join. :beer: I recommend the "Original Knife Talk" forum as a good place to start. :thumbsup:

I like Spyderco knives but I like other brands better for example Microtech, Dalton, and Chris Reeve knives to name a few. Here is a picture of the one in my pocket right now: Text

:)

mplutodh1

Nov 26, 2004
Originally posted by: mercanucaribe
Stop calling it a "carry". It's a tool not a weapon.

Right it's not a weapon, but in the knife world, a knife (tool) you carry with you on a daily basis is exactly that. It's a term to describe a knife you'd have with you all the time for the typical needs, smaller, lighter, not as bulky, and not specialized in one area.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Originally posted by: mplutodh1

Right it's not a weapon, but in the knife world, a knife (tool) you carry with you on a daily basis is exactly that. It's a term to describe a knife you'd have with you all the time for the typical needs, smaller, lighter, not as bulky, and not specialized in one area.
Yep, the typical knife person calls their most used knife a "EDC" which is short for every day carry. Many people into knives and guns also happen to be LEO's which is short for cops. :p

mplutodh1

Nov 26, 2004
Originally posted by: Crazyfool
The link in my sig has forums with serious knife guys who would love to talk about the pro's and con's of various brands. You are invited to join. :beer: I recommend the "Original Knife Talk" forum as a good place to start. :thumbsup:

I like Spyderco knives but I like other brands better for example Microtech, Dalton, and Chris Reeve knives to name a few. Here is a picture of the one in my pocket right now: Text

I like that Chris Reeve, who sells them? Do I want to know what that sucker costs.

EDIT: YIKES! Found the pricelist - uh yeah way out of my range!

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Crazyfool

I like that Chris Reeve, who sells them? Do I want to know what that sucker costs.

EDIT: YIKES! Found the pricelist - uh yeah way out of my range!

Yeah, a little pricey but worth it. You can carry one of these for a few years and sell it for what you paid for it down the road. ;)

I also carry this Microtech fairly often and got it for $65. Text I took out the original inserts and use it like this. :D

I'm sorta into knives. ;)

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004

Oh okay. I didn't know it was a term. :confused:

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
By the way, I also have a Gerber. One of the ones with the 3" teflon coated blade. It stays at home because it's too damn thick. Great for stabbing though.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Just carry a smith and wesson knife. Sometimes I forget.. not a big deal.

Now when we're talking combat knife.. i'll toss a mini kbar on my belt, just cuz I can.