***Any Interest in a D.C. AT P&N Debate Night?***

Jan 12, 2003
...just testing the water to see if there is any interest in having a debate night in the D.C. area. There seems to be a number of people who live/work either in the District, or just outside the beltway, so I thought there might be some interest in getting together for a civil debate of the issues in an establishment that serves adult carbonated malt beverages :) ...first round is on me.

Anyone interested? We could have team debates, or one-on-one debates and decide on the topics of day in advance, or draw from a hat or something of that nature?any takers?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
That's excellent suggestion. If I lived in the D.C. I sure would attend. You should also reach out to other Beltway folk like Declan McCullagh and Robert Costner of EFGA. I'm sure they may like to attend such a gathering.

Good luck & Best wishes

Hope you get enough interest to get P&N's first meeting Sticky :)

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Well I was wondering about the caliber of the round.

That is such an extremely poor taste reference to the Beltway Sniper's that took the lives of 13 innocent people. There is absolutely nothing funny about that event that jeopardized the way we live in the U.S. along the same lines as bad as 9-11 was.

Sometimes your posts make me wonder if you slacked off on taking some medication. This one was really very bad.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
...just testing the water to see if there is any interest in having a debate night in the D.C. area. There seems to be a number of people who live/work either in the District, or just outside the beltway, so I thought there might be some interest in getting together for a civil debate of the issues in an establishment that serves adult carbonated malt beverages :) ...first round is on me.

Anyone interested? We could have team debates, or one-on-one debates and decide on the topics of day in advance, or draw from a hat or something of that nature?any takers?

If I didn't live on the other coast I'd be there if for no other reason then to say Hi!
I think it a great idea..