Any ideas when The Witcher 2 goes on sale?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
Saw the $16 deal on Amazon yesterday, downloading overnight, should be done when I get home tonight. Anyone know if the version from Amazon is fully patched or do I need to download more stuff before playing?

tedrodai

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2006
Looking forward to playing this game. The only reason I haven't bought it already is because I've got too many games to play. So, might as well look for a good sale.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Why do you hate the developers so much?

I used to work for them for years. We got a new office manager than stopped paying for bagel Mondays. I quit a few months later because it was all downhill from there.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
I used to work for them for years. We got a new office manager than stopped paying for bagel Mondays. I quit a few months later because it was all downhill from there.

Let me get this straight, you quit because you stopped getting free bagels on Mondays ...

busydude

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2010
Saw the $16 deal on Amazon yesterday, downloading overnight, should be done when I get home tonight. Anyone know if the version from Amazon is fully patched or do I need to download more stuff before playing?

It is not the patched version. After you install the the game.. there a total of 5 patches IIRC. 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 1.3 -> 1.35 -> 2.0 -> 2.1.

These are sequential patches.. so you need to go step by step.

PrayForDeath

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
It is not the patched version. After you install the the game.. there a total of 5 patches IIRC. 1.1 -> 1.2 -> 1.3 -> 1.35 -> 2.0 -> 2.1.

These are sequential patches.. so you need to go step by step.

You don't have to install them manually. The game launcher should take care of it unless your game is already partially patched (at 1.1, or 1.2, etc.)

Here's what it says on the website:

The game launcher will automatically update any new installation of the game to version 2.1. This is also true for installations previously patched to versions 1.35 and 2.0.
Installations previously patched to version 1.1 must be updated manually to include patches 1.2 and 1.3, after which the game launcher will automatically update the game to versions 1.35, 2.0 and 2.1.
Installations previously patched to version 1.2 must be updated manually to include patch 1.3, after which the game launcher will automatically update the game to versions 1.35, 2.0 and 2.1.

And if that doesn't work, they have 1.0 > 1.35 patches etc, no need to go through all the steps.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Okay, even thought SS3 is going to start downloading in about 5 hours, I picked up Witcher 2. Can't imagine it's going to be cheaper this week.