Any Freeware Clipboard Managers That Are Still Supported?

PS85

Feb 10, 2014
Just switched from an ancient Win XP machine to new Win 10 laptop. On the old machine I used ClipX clipboard manager a great deal, I loved it. With the new machine I was all set to download it again when I decided to look around and found out that ClipX is no longer being supported, hasn't been supported for over a decade.

A. Does this make ClipX a hazard to use security wise?

B. If so, are there any freeware clipboard managers that are not a similar hazard?

C. If not, what is an inexpensive clipboard manager that is being currently supported?

Looking forward to any help I can get on this.

Nov 25, 2013
Just switched from an ancient Win XP machine to new Win 10 laptop. On the old machine I used ClipX clipboard manager a great deal, I loved it. With the new machine I was all set to download it again when I decided to look around and found out that ClipX is no longer being supported, hasn't been supported for over a decade.

A. Does this make ClipX a hazard to use security wise?

B. If so, are there any freeware clipboard managers that are not a similar hazard?

C. If not, what is an inexpensive clipboard manager that is being currently supported?

Looking forward to any help I can get on this.

ArsClip (freeware)

https://www.joejoesoft.com/vcms/97/

ClipCache Pro (costs $30) which I use myself.

https://www.xrayz.co.uk/clipcache/?page=default

PS85

Feb 10, 2014

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I don't think I'd be concerned about using an unsupported bit of software on my computer provided that:

a) it doesn't connect or listen for a Internet/network connection
b) it doesn't require admin privs to use

My main concern would be if the software works properly on a newer version of Windows.

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
I also use ClipCache Pro on both my XP and Win 10 computers ... well worth the small initial cost. Free upgrades within the same major version number. It does not seem to get many updates, but it does a great job.