Any F-1 fans here

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: bR
Ferrari 1-2 in qualifying... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D

Wow. That does not bode well for anyone else offering any real resistance for the rest of the season. Schumi will continue his legacy as one of the all-time greats.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Damn, F1 season already? Time flies...

Those qualifying results look no different from last season's average race.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Results look somewhat typical... other than the BAR-Honda in 4th... looks like theyve got their stuff together finally... after 5 years... :confused: McLaren looks horrible on the other hand... :confused:

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Results look somewhat typical... other than the BAR-Honda in 4th... looks like theyve got their stuff together finally... after 5 years... :confused: McLaren looks horrible on the other hand... :confused:

the time difference between Williams and Ferrari ins't much.

I forsee a close season.

kuk

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2000
Are you guys sure?

There's still 3h15m to the race.
EDIT: N/M ... site got the wrong time.

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Ahh... here's the thread! I swear I searchs {formula1, f1, formula, grand prix} and didn't find anything :p

Love the live timer at the formula1 website! Good use of java applets :)

kuk

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2000
Meh ... not that good of a race. Only 'surprise' was Raikonnen's problem.

And I liked the Java applet ... much better than our race commentator. Thanks! :)

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: kuk

And I liked the Java applet ... much better than our race commentator. Thanks! :)

Yeah, I miss the old British announcer... he would get so excited at the start of the race. It's a shame he retired :(

The front of the race was a bit boring, but there was quite a bit of action in the middle of the pack. Montoya made a couple nice passes, especially that one on R. Schumacher early in the race.

I think I've memorized the German national anthem now :)

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Go Alonso!!!!

i'd like to see Renault (which is considered a middle-order team) to become a dominant force this season. They were close last season, but fell short.

JYDog

Feb 17, 2003
Originally posted by: mAdD INDIAN
Go Alonso!!!!

i'd like to see Renault (which is considered a middle-order team) to become a dominant force this season. They were close last season, but fell short.

Too bad the R24 is lacking in straight line power. I also thought this would be there year coming in but I guess the engine(though torquey and tractable as seen Alonso and Trulli's unbelievable race starts), was much more lacking than Renault wanted to portray. However, Melbourne is a "power" circuit. Sepang, Barcelona, and Monaco will suit it much more.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Ferrari just dominated everyone... hahahahaha... :p Including Juan Pinball Montoya. ;)

Not only is he crap, but he's in a fugly car too.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Villeneuve is sure landing himself in trouble w/ Canada lately. :) Think he can ever win again?

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
F1, Champs, Indy > Nascar...LOL. I think I am the only person in my office that not a big fan of Nascar.

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: mAdD INDIAN
Go Alonso!!!!

I'm happy to see them return. Their engines dominated in the 90's (Williams Renault)

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Mucman
Originally posted by: kuk

Yeah, I miss the old British announcer... he would get so excited at the start of the race. It's a shame he retired :(

The front of the race was a bit boring, but there was quite a bit of action in the middle of the pack. Montoya made a couple nice passes, especially that one on R. Schumacher early in the race.

I think I've memorized the German national anthem now :)

And the Italian national anthem...
rolleye.gif