Any F-1 fans here

SOFTWARE2ndComing

Oct 4, 2002
The season will start tomorrow, but tonight at 8:00 PST there will be a practice race on speed channel, anyone going to watch it?

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I'm a fan, I know bR is a fan, etc...lots of us here.

I would watch it but unfortuantely my cable died.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Qualifying is at 9pm here... 12am for the east coast :p... the race is on saturday at 9:30pm EST.

EngenZerO

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2001
yeah, I will be up watching on speedvision, but I think they will replay on Saturday afternoon as well, not sure though (thats what they did last season)

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Michael 2.2s faster than Alonso in his Renault... its only practice... but he was more than a second faster on his 2nd lap... :p Williams and McLarens have yet to come out.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Seasons over in 4 laps... hahaha... if that was Ferrari's true pace... this is going to be one boring season. :p

JYDog

Feb 17, 2003
Here's the times for this weekends grand prix.

SPEED Channel F1 Qualifying Choices

Australia
Practice Thu, Mar 4 11pm SD
Qualifying Fri, Mar 5 12am SD

F1 Decade ? Highlights of the 1994 Formula 1 season
Brazil Sat, Mar 6 8:30pm

Australian Grand Prix Sat, Mar 6 9:30pm LIVE

(All times Eastern US), SD=same day delay

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: bR
2nd practice... gap came down to 1 second between the red cars and the rest... :)

That does not bode well for the rest. Ferrari seem to have the pace. Looks like either Bridgestone made some decent strides during the off season or the new car is that much better or perhaps a little of both. BAR seem to be more competitive despite their heavy underpowered Honda engines and they run Bridgestone as does Sauber.

We will see how all this plays out tomorrow and Saturday.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Yeah we'll see tomorrow...Bridgestone has been generally better when the track has no rubber laid down... BAR looks good because they no longer use Bridgestones... :p :(

JYDog

Feb 17, 2003
Shumacher scorching times(on a "green" track) seems to point all to Bridgestones... IF the tires provided this much, it won't be a good year for williamsbmw, mclaren no doubt...

We'll have to wait til tomorrow's qualifying to confirm on this but nothing seems to indicate the others were running conservatively... But, anybody noticed how SMOOTHLY the Renaults looked, they just came across being so much slicker/faster for some reasons...even though the times weren't exactly there.