Any cable internet owners spliting their line with their AIW/ Tuner cards?

Mloot

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2002
If you are asking if the cable signal can be split and then sent to your TV and an AIW card, then yes, it's pretty simple. I am using my 10-year old Radio Shack signal booster/splitter because it splits the signal and also amplifies it (I have long cable runs, and I found the booster actually game me back some of the channels that I couldn't get on my TV because of signal loss).

I've got the coax cable going into the booster about 3 feet from the wall outlet, and then I'm using two of the 4 available leads to send the signal over 2 long coax cables to my TV and AIW VE. Works like a charm and there is no problem running both at the same time on different channels.

I don't know if RS even sells the booster I have anymore. The input and outputs are the 2-screw type, so I have to use those rabbit-ear-to-coax adapters to connect it to the cables. I did see a Phillips model at Walmart that looked to be about the same thing, except the in/outs were coax (there were only 2 outs, though).

Then again, were you talking about the cable internet connection or the cable TV connection? I've got one for each coming out of my wall, so I may or may not have answered your question.

Ipno

Golden Member
Apr 30, 2001
Yes, I'm splitting my cable modem with my TV Tuner Card, works perfectly fine.

____ Cable Modem
wall -------{splitter{____TV tuner

Looks sorta like that, hehe

UncleWai

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2001
Put an amplifer if you have more than 2 splits. In my room, I have a 4 way spliter: 1 to my TV, 1 to my cable modem, 1 to my tv card, 1 to my brother's TV.
Radioshack has everything. Or you can get a 4 way spliters in bestbuy with amplifier built in for 16.99 i think.

Pauli

Oct 14, 1999
I'm doing this too. Make sure that you use high quality cables and that they are screwed in securely to the splitter. You might have some signal issues if you don't do this.

Spicedaddy

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2002
Mine goes like this:

cable
|
(splitter)
| |
\/ \/
(signal booster/splitter) TV in my room
| |
\/ \/
(splitter) TV in living room
| |
\/ \/
Modem PCI TV Tuner

So yeah, splitting it once should work... :)

Agamar

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have mine split to my modem and TV Wonder. Works fine. A few channels are a little fuzzy on only one side of the screen though. I get great modem speeds though.