Any body who knows about psychology, i need help.

MajesticMoose

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
I'm got a term paper due next week, and it need to have two journal article citations. does anyone know how to find psych journals on the internet? I don't have access to a good library and I don't know where else to look.

Thanks,
Moose

nd

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Wow, this post wasn't even close to what I expected to find inside from reading the thread title.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Do a search under Yahoo for "psych journals".
You might also try to see if the library of congress had books online. Here's the results I found under Yahoo:

YAHOO LINK

Hope this helps some. Your best bet is still a library, so if you can get to one, even if it is a ways away, I'd try that.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Here's a more refined LINK

Also, if we knew the subject it'd be easier to refine the search. Online journals in psychology is pretty broad.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
There are times when the internet doesn't beat out the good old brick and mortar library...this is one of those times.

Get your ass out of the dorm and hike up to the library. You should be able to either find or request the american pyschology journal. Or, you can use something like proquest to find articles, and then request the magazines to be sent to your library.

MajesticMoose

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
thanks everybody,

Azraele:I'd go to a library, but i don't have acces to any (at least not legally)

axelfox: huh?

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Hey Moose, I did all my undergrad work in Psych, so if you need help later, PM me.

I have to sign off for now, but I'll BBL.

:)

PS.... How can you not have access to your school's library?

:confused:

MajesticMoose

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
I have full access to my school's library, and i'm there almost everyday, unfortunatly i'm in high school and there is very little to gain from it. I'll do fine on the paper, it's only got to be like 4 pages. The main reason i post was that my teacher made it seem like it would be very hard to find these articles, It looks as though it may not be.

Edit:thanks for the offer isla, but i probly won't need the help.

oh yea my topic (in case you were curious): The life and theories of sigmund freud.

Moose

SirFshAlot

Elite Member
Apr 11, 2000
The life and theories of sigmund freud

4 pages????

I can sum it up in one line; he had a thing for his mom.

Freud was more whacked than his patients.
I graduated in psychology, too.

Ellis and Skinner, they're the ones to study.

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
For the 4 psych classes I took I had to do all my journal research in the library... The biggies don't offer online access -- or no one would buy them. They may put abstracts online to help you in your quest, but that's about it. Or that's what I found when I was doing research.

No public libraries around? No colleges around? Colleges will usually let you into the library, you just can't check items out, you'll have to photocopy or take notes there at the library.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Any public library with some variety in literature, or better yet, a college library, should have stuff of Freud. I live in a mudspot hole in the wall town and we even have a library. See what you can dig up there. The Internet is great for some stuff, not so great with others. This is one of those times a library would be your best bet. Are you sure there's no other library around other than your school library???

MajesticMoose

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
Our public libraries probly don't have them. I didn't really know that i could get into college libraries, I might have to try that. The generalized stuff on the internet might be enough for this paper though.

Str8UpKiller

May 17, 2000
Too those with degrees in Psych... Did your degrees help you in getting employed or aid your career whatsoever? I'm beginning to think all Liberal Arts degrees are worthless when it comes to finding a job!

SirFshAlot

Elite Member
Apr 11, 2000
I got a job in a division of the correctional arena, and it required a bachelors in psych, sociology, or social work. But.......I learned a helluva lot more at the job than in any textbook. Most of that theory stuff flies out the window when you're alone in a room with a conduct disorder case.