Any big sales coming up soon (Steam Summer, etc)

FalconHorse

Jul 22, 2011
Mainly, I just want to buy Skyrim for less than $30 :) Anyone have a suspicion of upcoming sales?

Thanks!

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Steam's summer sale, if they continue tradition, will start in late June.

Madia

May 2, 2006
Mainly, I just want to buy Skyrim for less than $30 :) Anyone have a suspicion of upcoming sales?

Thanks!

Skyrim's price has been pretty steady so I woudn't expect a sale anytime soon. My guess would be they'll place it on sale once the first DLC arrives but even then it'll probably still be $40.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Best I've seen is $40, but it could happen I guess. Also keep your eyes on some of the other sites like Amazon, Greenman gaming, etc. Skyrim is a Steamworks game so will have a key that activates in Steam regardless of where you bought it.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Skyrim's price has been pretty steady so I woudn't expect a sale anytime soon. My guess would be they'll place it on sale once the first DLC arrives but even then it'll probably still be $40.

They dropped the price for a Christmas sale. I bet it comes down this summer and stays down. From now on they will be making money from the DLC.

FalconHorse

Jul 22, 2011
Yeah Skyrim was $30 for the Xmas sale right? Maybe I can wait until July... Thanks for the info gorcorps, I will keep an eye out at various e-tailers.

CuriousMike

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
Steam sales on Skyrim

history2194.png

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Dead Island is such a weird damn game for me. I got it at launch for $25 and overall I am happy with it. But the reason it is weird for me is, there are some things in the game I don't like but I was digging it overall and enjoying it, then when I got to the second to last area I just wanted to rush through and be done with the game. To top it off, it has been clawing at the back of my mind to play it again for some damn reason lol.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I still haven't finished all the games I bought in the last Summer Sale. Hell, I even bought more since then. :awe:

Too many Steam Sales, not enough time

Madia

May 2, 2006
$10 on steam is low enough. Would a hard copy activate on steam? If not, free may not be low enough!

Dead Island is a steamworks game (as is Skyrim) so buy it wherever you can get it cheapest.

Dead Island is such a weird damn game for me. I got it at launch for $25 and overall I am happy with it. But the reason it is weird for me is, there are some things in the game I don't like but I was digging it overall and enjoying it, then when I got to the second to last area I just wanted to rush through and be done with the game. To top it off, it has been clawing at the back of my mind to play it again for some damn reason lol.

I also bought it at launch for about the same price at green man gaming and had a somewhat similar experience. The problem for me was that by the time you got to Act 3 (the jungle area), you've basically seen and done everything the game has to offer. Thie third act had such a feeling of sameness as what came before I just ended up rushing through the rest of the game to finish it.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Dead Island is a steamworks game (as is Skyrim) so buy it wherever you can get it cheapest.

I also bought it at launch for about the same price at green man gaming and had a somewhat similar experience. The problem for me was that by the time you got to Act 3 (the jungle area), you've basically seen and done everything the game has to offer. Thie third act had such a feeling of sameness as what came before I just ended up rushing through the rest of the game to finish it.

You know, you probably nailed it. Because it was the jungle area is when I didn't give a crap anymore. Everything prior to that I would search everywhere and do everything, then I got there and was like I just want to finish this (though the prison wasn't too bad).