Any better options than 650ti for short card?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
I noticed that deal today too. It's a very good price, but it's a pretty average version of the card. That being said, XFX is a decent company - their custom fan designs just aren't very good. You'll get the rebate.

The MSI HD7850 will also fit in your case if the XFX fits, but will be more expensive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127706

Yup,i could recommend the msi model as well,loved mine.:thumbsup:

With a fan profile of 55% speed,i never saw the card load over 65cel with even 1.225v pumped into it the entire time i had it.

bfromcolo

Jan 12, 2012
I have a XFX 6870, and the fan is very loud. I would avoid.

Yes that's what the reviews say about the XFX single fan 7850s as well, sounds like the dual fan models from MSI and Sapphire are quieter but also more expensive.

I started out looking at a reference 650ti 1G for $140 to replace my 6750, and these dual fan 7850 2G choices are $40 or more expensive, but also much more powerful.

I guess I'll wait and see the Black Friday offers. Thanks to everyone who responded, I understand my options better and now have to make a decision, even if that's living with what I have until the prices on current generation cards get driven down further.

Analysis paralysis in CO...