any B&M stores that do matte prints?

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
I hate glossy prints. Despise them. But that seems to be all that's available at the regular venues - local pharmacies, kinkos, etc. Does anyone know of any B&M stores that does matte prints also?

This is going to be part of my gift for my fiancee's bday. It's gonna be a photo album of us together. Also need some ideas for an cool photo album. Yea I could go out to target, buy an empty album, stick the pics in there and call it a day, but need ideas for more unique albums than that.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
why not just a custom album? there are plenty of stores/websites that create a custom photobook for you.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Aharami
I hate glossy prints. Despise them. But that seems to be all that's available at the regular venues - local pharmacies, kinkos, etc. Does anyone know of any B&M stores that does matte prints also?

This is going to be part of my gift for my fiancee's bday. It's gonna be a photo album of us together. Also need some ideas for an cool photo album. Yea I could go out to target, buy an empty album, stick the pics in there and call it a day, but need ideas for more unique albums than that.

Can't do someplace like Adorama? They have fairly good turnaround. My photos are usually back within a few days.

And I agree -- I hate glossy prints. I had a bunch of enlargements done recently on Kodak Royal Glossy, and they look like crap compared to the Endura Lustre I used previously (I think it was the Lustre and not the Matte -- it doesn't look like the Royal Glossy at all). Colors were different, and they just look like junk in my frames.

I need another Adorama sale with good paper to put in some reorders.

arrfep

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2006
Every Wal-Mart I've ever used does their 1-Hour as matte. In fact the only way to get glossy is to send them out to a Fuji plant with the 2-Day service, which is usually pretty crappy. I would say that any place that prints on a Frontier should be able to do matte prints.