kotix

Aug 2, 2002
first here are my specs:
p4 1.4 Ghz
384mb RDRAM
40GB 7200RPM HD
Geforce 2 mx400
Windows XP Pro

when i export my movie in premier 6.02, there are some sections of the movie that have a grainy texture. this occurs very randomly, for example, if i re-export the movie, the grainy effect disappears, but may appear in different section of the movie. i am exporting my movies in .avi divx format, using the divx 5.02 codec

and another thing, i have HORRIBLE playback with some clips in premier. i installed the 6.02 update but that didn't do anything.

any suggestions?

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
have you tried different compression? premiere works best with quicktime...so try not only WORKING in quicktime (you can work in AVI or Quicktime) but also exporting in quicktime.

kotix

Aug 2, 2002
file size is a priority, so i'm keeping with the divx compression

like i said earlier, it's a random problem. re-rendering may somewhat fix the problem, but may cause other sections of the video to have the grainy effect

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
OK, but have you tried quicktime? i'm just saying, divx could be the culprit. I don't think premiere likes it that much.

Also, if you have the Pro version of Sorenson 3 the file size/quality ratio is pretty much just as good as DivX. It's a wonderful codec when used right.

kotix

Aug 2, 2002
yeah i've tried exporting with the sorenson and cinepak codecs for quiktime format. took MUCH longer to export and the quality was very good...but then filesize became an issue

anyway thanks for your suggestion