anti-Indian system at nuclear power plant kills 1, injures 3

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Hmm, so it's in Spain? I'm guessing it's not an accurate translation, then.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
It actually had Nothing to do with a Nuclear Reactor System.

Fire suppression system was getting serviced and they screwed it up.

Carbon Dioxide is a bitch in an enclosed space. You won't even know it is there.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
It actually had Nothing to do with a Nuclear Reactor System.

Fire suppression system was getting serviced and they screwed it up.

Carbon Dioxide is a bitch in an enclosed space. You won't even know it is there.

On the one hand that's a good point - the same tragedy/accident/mistake could have happened at many different kinds of installation.

But on the other hand, one doesn't want to hear about any sort of incompetence in the context of a nuclear plant.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Fun stuff. We had a halon system at a place I worked. Thankfully, it's never gone off on my watch. :p

We deal with much larger infrastructure now at my current job and we don't have any systems like that, I think there's just too many buildings/rooms to protect and it is cost prohibitive vs just dealing with risk if something does go wrong. They have fire sprinklers everywhere for life safety and that's about it. I do recall a story of a tech accidentally dropping a wrench on battery terminals and the fire sprinkler went off and saved his life. All the equipment was toast from the explosion anyway so adding water to the mix is not going to make it any worse. I'd hate to be the one having to go clean up that mess after.