GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
No One:

Absolutely No One:

EA: OMG THE ANTHEM UPDATE WE PROMISED YOU WON'T EVER COME OUT , WE KNOW YOU'RE ALL HEARTBROKEN!

Honestly, I feel like there needs to be a rule with these "Games as a Service" type games that when the game inevitably fails outside the promised future support window, the Dev/Publisher is obligated to release one final patch for the game to demonetize the monster and turn it into an actual game instead of a skinner box.

I may have actually put down $5 to $10 bucks on Anthem on the visuals/Bioware alone but the absurd monetization schemes and "game as a service" garbage will stop EA from even getting that money.

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
I used a free trial to try it with my brothers (who both bought it, suckers) and liked it for about as long as it took me to fight something and realise it was hot garbage. Don't think I have paid any money to EA since Andromeda.

ArenCordial

Sep 18, 2012
Honestly this is probably a good thing. Anthem was half-baked. I feel for the few fans it had but hopefully it was the kick in the behind BioWare needs to get their act together.

Electronic Arts Pivots on Dragon Age Game, Removes Multiplayer - Bloomberg

The good news is with the success of Fallen Order EA has finally accepted that singleplayer games can actually make good money. This means they are dropping the Games as a Service requirements they had for Dragon Age 4 and Mass Effect 4, allowing them to be singleplayer only titles.

At this point any success or failure is going to be squarely on Bioware's shoulders.

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Sigh... i had such high hopes in this game with mech units.
It was fun for a while.. then it just got beyond boring.
I would keep farming for one armor, and would end up getting parts for the other, which drove me crazy.
Ultimately it made me main a suit i did not want to main, but had because all the leet gear i got went to that class.

The guns were also unremarkable, the story was meh... PVP was non existent.
I really think bioware does not want to attempt anything PVP looking at mass effect and anthem.
(well i don't really mind as i do not fully enjoy pvp, but i felt a PVP option would of kept the game longer.)

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
OK I remember now. Watched some vids and read some articles.
Anthem was the infamous disaster that never really took off. It was big news in the console community for months but of course I dont follow that so it was not really known to guys like me.
Shame, apparently a ton of gamers had serious hopes for it.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Honestly this is probably a good thing. Anthem was half-baked. I feel for the few fans it had but hopefully it was the kick in the behind BioWare needs to get their act together.

Electronic Arts Pivots on Dragon Age Game, Removes Multiplayer - Bloomberg

The good news is with the success of Fallen Order EA has finally accepted that singleplayer games can actually make good money. This means they are dropping the Games as a Service requirements they had for Dragon Age 4 and Mass Effect 4, allowing them to be singleplayer only titles.

At this point any success or failure is going to be squarely on Bioware's shoulders.

-I guess the abusive relationship between me and Bioware continues!

Bioware can change guys! I know they can! The just make promises then break them because they LOVE ME