Another Trump appointee gone

Feb 4, 2009
While I know little of this guy, I suspect he was asked to retire and complied. I am suspicious of any Senior appointments from a corrupt and incompetent plus likely criminal President.
They should all have been asked to resign or replaced by now IMO.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
While I know little of this guy, I suspect he was asked to retire and complied. I am suspicious of any Senior appointments from a corrupt and incompetent plus likely criminal President.

While some ambassador posts (like the danish) is given whoever has donated a sizeable amount to your campaign, then the important ones are hopefully still given to persons who have some merits?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
While some ambassador posts (like the danish) is given whoever has donated a sizeable amount to your campaign, then the important ones are hopefully still given to persons who have some merits?

Maybe in a perfect world...definitely NOT in Trumplandia.

Reactions: Captante

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

Wait.. I thought ambassadors work at the pleasure of the President just like any political appointee post.

Why didn't Biden get rid of this Trump person, especially for a post as important as Russia?

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Maybe someone in the NSA, CIA or similar actually has a say in who is appointed in the most delicate positions?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Maybe someone in the NSA, CIA or similar actually has a say in who is appointed in the most delicate positions?
I am sorry that I was busy!! My secretary did receive a call from the CIA and she thought it was a crank call!! My bad!!

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
In related news, Trump refused to appoint former UN ambassador Nikki Haley as secretary of state because of a complexion problem.

According to the book, Mr Trump told then-chief of staff John Kelly that “the real reason [she was not selected] was the blotch marks on her cheeks”.

“She’s not good for me. She’s got that complexion problem,” Mr Trump reportedly said, adding: “It doesn’t look good.”

Not that we didnt know he was a shallow fuck who cared more about appearances than the vital interests of his country, but there it is.

Reactions: Captante

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
In related news, Trump refused to appoint former UN ambassador Nikki Haley as secretary of state because of a complexion problem.

According to the book, Mr Trump told then-chief of staff John Kelly that “the real reason [she was not selected] was the blotch marks on her cheeks”.

“She’s not good for me. She’s got that complexion problem,” Mr Trump reportedly said, adding: “It doesn’t look good.”

Not that we didnt know he was a shallow fuck who cared more about appearances than the vital interests of his country, but there it is.

Poor Nimrata Randhawa—she tried so hard to hide her heritage and her religion, married a white guy, did everything “right” for her love of party, and still got passed over for a top job because of her complexion.