Discussion Another Publisher Specific Launcher Down - More to go - Bethesda.Net

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006

Looks like Bethesda realized that running their own launcher was not worth the effort.

At least they're not completely dicking over the folks that purchased through them and are porting everything over to Steam.

So thus far we've had Uplay and Origin capitulate to Steam (despite still requiring a thin client thing) and now we can add Bethesda.net on there as well.

Microsoft's game division and Valve seem to have a rather cozy relationship with each other, which is kinda fascinating. Wonder if this means we will ever see Battle.Net stuff being offered through steam and perhaps eventually go thin client as well in the future.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Makes me wonder if MS' long play here is to pick up Valve at the earliest possible opportunity (if Valve ever goes public, decides to sell).

Might just be new MS culture of letting the golden goose keep laying its eggs. New MS seems to be operating in a much more hands off way with less death by committee management tactics.

Jul 27, 2020
I picked up Doom Eternal cheap, only to learn after I paid that it was a Bethesda key. Thankfully, that should now become part of my Steam library.

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
Good news.

Yes Bethesda have or had a launcher. I boycott games if i have to install another software to play a game. That is why i never bought Doom Eternal it is their loss