Another Mccain train wreck on Meet The Press 10/26

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Skoorb
The memory loss one in first link is sad :( But I've said it before, when you're 72 you're already losing a great deal of intellectual speed. This is demonstrable fact, so we cannot be surprised.

I don't have any problem with that 'memory loss'. I think any of us would probably do as bad or worse with a lot of questions. I wouldn't have come up with all 5 names either.

The problem isn't his memory, it's his terrible policies, his lack of understanding what's needed, his less than honest arguing, and such.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Lemon law
At this point, I think even McCain realizes he is going the lose, too many polls out there saying that and no polls pointing to a win, and without a game changing issue or event, polls this late are good predictors.

But he has to go through the motions, telling his supporters that he will win, but privately he is telling Cindy, not to bother taking drape measurements in the oval office.

And even as a partisan dem, I have to say John McCain has some redeeming qualities, and I have to have some sympathy for a man who has seen eight years of careful waiting to be President go down the toilet, mainly because of GWB.

But McCain has to go through the motions on places like Meet the Press, his denial there are already on auto pilot, I think what he is looking at now is all the scapegoating he is going to get after Nov 5 from all his fellow republicans. They will not be as gentle as Brokaw, and the choices may be walk the plank or get boiled in oil.
Does he really, though? I still hold out a tiny hope, not really a hope but an idea, that one day he'll give another speech and let it all hang out. Say that he's tiring from politics, that his campaign is a total disaster, and that the republican party is a disaster, he's sick of lying for them and compromosing what dignity he had. He knows he won't be alive for more than another decade or so and this is it, come to Jesus, let's put it on the table and do away 100% with the bullsh*t, I'm going to Cancun to chill on the beach for a few weeks and then spend my days going for walks and playing with grandkids, fvck it I'm done. Why can't he do that?

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Craig234
The weakst of our citizens votes for bad and evil government because they fear the better government, our of irrational and ignorant fear.

When a party is so indefensible, the only thing they have left is FUD - Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt about the 'other guy'.

A sort of 'vote for Hitler because the other guy will do even MORE genocide' - basd on nothing - argument'.

More rational 'conservatives' are better able to know when their side has the terrible candidate, but the cult members are locked in to opposing the 'other guy' blindly.

What, exactly, are you so afraid of if the democrats control all branches? Are social security and Medicare - policies that only passed because they had all the branches - to terrible?

I understand it's now fashionable to say all the branches with the same party is not good when the Republicans look so bad - something we did not hear when Republicans had them.

Are you afraid of a repeat of the 'terrible' presidency of Clinton who reversed 12 years of big deficits? Or Carter who set the nation on course after the big economic problems following the middle east oil embargo on the US, to make energy independence a national priority (reversed by Reagan who embraced foreign oil)? The terrible policies of JFK and LBJ who cut poverty by a third, while having a great economy and putting a man on the moon?

The terrible policies of FDR and Truman, who put the New Deal economic system protections in place that today economists say are the protection from the current crisis?

I'm so tired of right-wing ignorant paranoia that ignores the clear facts about what's good for the country. You fall for the Republican propagand with cute words like 'morning in America' and ignroe the facts whether they're the big Republican deficits to make government redistribute wealth to the top, or things like the murderous foreign policies such as Reagan's backing of terrorist forces across Central America, and you just 'hate democrats', including being against the candidate clearly better for America this election.

Where are my boots

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Sometimes I think Obama and McCain are actually working together in some effort to get rid of the 50-50 split in America and get them somewhat united behind a single nominee. I mean, that could explain why he's pushing voters away from him as fast as he can..

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
Sometimes I think Obama and McCain are actually working together in some effort to get rid of the 50-50 split in America and get them somewhat united behind a single nominee. I mean, that could explain why he's pushing voters away from him as fast as he can..

I can almost, but not quite, buy into the idea that McCain is so pissed off at what his own party has become that he is willing to throw the election. The Palin pick is his way of making sure that the Republicans are handicapped going forward.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: techs
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Thanks, watching one of the links now with him putting up the poll numbers for Palin. They are terrible. ahha

Then I should add this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09fK21FE7-4

We're both MAVERICK's We're both MAVERICK's We're both MAVERICK's We're both MAVERICK's We're both MAVERICK's We're both MAVERICK's We're both MAVERICK's We're both MAVERICK's We're both MAVERICK's We're both MAVERICK's We're both MAVERICK's We're both MAVERICK's We're both MAVERICK's We're both MAVERICK's We're both MAVERICK's