Another idiot celebrity threatens to move out of the country if a republican wins the presidency

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: AndrewR
These idiots didn't leave the last time so I have little hope that she'll follow through. Wasn't Sean Penn supposed to leave in '04?

If anyone listens to Hollywood celebrities for information on how to vote, they should leave the country as well.

I sort of have to agree. You have to be pretty arrogant and stupid to think anybody with any sense would care what they do.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
I want to know where the people whining/complaining about the word "wise and beautiful woman" aren't in this thread whining/complaining about what is being said about MM. http://forums.anandtech.com/me...=2192108&enterthread=y

:shrug;

As for the topic: OK, bye. :)

You didn't get the memo? Liberals are so compassionate and caring that when they label and/or demonize a conservative, it's actually done out of love. ;)

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
She can take all the other Hollywood elitist liberal nutjobs right with her. Alec Baldwin, anyone? :laugh:

These people make me sick.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
I want to know where the people whining/complaining about the word "wise and beautiful woman" aren't in this thread whining/complaining about what is being said about MM. http://forums.anandtech.com/me...=2192108&enterthread=y

:shrug;

As for the topic: OK, bye. :)

Maybe because MM is a complete twit and nothing she says really matters?

And for Susan, more power to her if he does and she does. If mcCain does win, it'll be the worst possible outcome for this country.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Where will all the "other" idiots go when Obama wins?

I'd love to help pay for their moves...

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: ericlp
Where will all the "other" idiots go when Obama wins?

I'd love to help pay for their moves...

I think Gore has decided to stay and sell carbon credits.
Kerry can't leave because his wife won't let him.
Teddy has medical issues.
Bubba can't find any better ass than right here in the good 'ol USA.
Chris Matthews has his TV show.
Olberman has to stay and bash O'Rly
Shiela Jackson Lee probably can't get a passport
Jessie Jackson can't find a richer corporate huting ground for his shakedown operation...

Apparently America is the land of opportunity! Who knew?

glutenberg

Golden Member
Sep 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Corbett
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: dennilfloss
Originally posted by: The Cornballer
i'll drive that **** to the border, the gas is on me

I find that word really offensive.:frown:

He's all class. :thumbsdown:

Says the guy who drops an f bomb every other word...

Interestingly enough, the quote you chose already disproves your claim.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
[Apparently America is the land of opportunity! Who knew?
Where else can a retard like George Bush become President?

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: bamacre

I would hope that someday you will find that the pain you believe comes from other people's words actually comes from within, and can thus be prevented. In other words, it is your choice whether or not to be offended by another's words.

I find the above statement really offensive. :p

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: glutenberg

Interestingly enough, the quote you chose already disproves your claim.

Its a figure of speech.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JS80
Originally posted by: jpeyton
If I had her money, I wouldn't be living in a country stupid enough to elect Bush three times in a row either.

You suffer from BDS

Really, on the Dub suffers from BDS. The rest of us suffer from him.

OokiiNeko

Jun 14, 2003
I would hope that someday you will find that the pain you believe comes from other people's words actually comes from within, and can thus be prevented. In other words, it is your choice whether or not to be offended by another's words.

That sounds like something Moonbeam used to say.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Kinda says more about those who bash celebrities for partisan purposes - or maybe I missed all the rancor directed at conservative and/or republican minded anti-Hollywood types when they mouth off. Really, you guys can piss and moan all day about others misconstruing what is said by Bush, Cheney, etc. In fact, the popular defenses of that group usually consist of "obeying the letter of the law" and not the spirit. Inferences and insinuations don't count, people can only be judged by what they actually say!

Unless it's a liberal celeb taking advantage of the spot light, in which case they're all worthless and pugnacious liars, looking to intimidate with threats! Yeah, damn that Sarandon, look how threatening she is. Who does she think she is making all these threats?

Kudos to Perk for taking a valiant stab at showing the true meaning of BDS. Hearing cheerleaders use that in the way they wish it worked is getting painful to hear, lets hope it clicks!

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Where else can a retard like George Bush become President?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:music: One just might be President... :music:

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Even the most liberal of celebrities bow to the Almighty dollar, or to be more exact the potential denial of it to maintain their lifestyle.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24869331/">Sharon Stone ?deeply sorry? for China remark
Actress dropped from ads after saying quake may have been bad karma</a>
BEIJING - French fashion house Christian Dior said Thursday it has dropped Sharon Stone from its Chinese ads and released a statement from the actress apologizing for saying China?s earthquake may have been bad karma for its treatment of Tibet.

The 50-year-old actress said she was ?deeply sorry? for causing anguish and anger among Chinese people with her remarks in an interview last week. Stone models for Christian Dior SA, and the company?s Shanghai office issued the statement.

Stone?s comments caused considerable anger in the Chinese media. The official Xinhua News Agency said in a commentary Thursday she was the ?public enemy of all mankind.?

The public relations manager for Dior in Shanghai who gave only her surname, Guo, said Stone would no longer appear in the company?s advertisements in China.

?Due to my inappropriate words and acts during the interview, I feel deeply sorry and sad about hurting Chinese people,? Stone said in the statement. ?I am willing to take part in the relief work of China?s earthquake, and wholly devote myself to helping affected Chinese people.?

Anger in China
Chinese media have erupted in indignation over foreign criticism of the country ahead of the Beijing Olympics in August. During the international leg of the Olympic torch relay, many Chinese reacted strongly to protests over China?s rule of Tibet.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang said Thursday he had taken note of Stone?s apology.

?We hope that as an actress she should contribute to our two peoples? mutual trust, understanding and friendship,? he said.

Stone?s original comments were made last week during a Cannes Film Festival red-carpet interview.

?I?m not happy about the way the Chinese are treating the Tibetans because I don?t think anyone should be unkind to anyone else,? Stone said. ?And then this earthquake and all this stuff happened, and then I thought, is that karma? When you?re not nice that the bad things happen to you??

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Sounds like a spoiled brat that only wishes to have the good things in life and when the going gets tough....she quits.

Susan, please make sure to leave all your financial resources at the door when you leave.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
http://www.nypost.com/seven/05...k_was_loved_112946.htm

SUSAN SARANDON, who appeared in three films last year and won kudos for her TV movie "Bernard and Doris," is still not a contented soul. She says if John McCain gets elected, she will move to Italy or Canada. She adds, "It's a critical time, but I have faith in the American people."

Faith in the american people? For what? I can see her crossing her fingers, praying to the flying spaghetti monster, begging him not to make her have to live in Canada. :laugh:

This is going to be the most entertaining election ever.

Lets say you are on a train or in a plane and you see it headed towards a fatal wreak. Would you want to stay for the ride or would you think being somewhere else would be great?

Ask yourself, are you really happy\satified with where and how the country has been led and do you want a change in its direction?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
If someone is stupid enough to say they'll leave the country just because a shitty President is elected then let them go

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
If I had her money, I wouldn't be living in a country stupid enough to elect Bush three times in a row either.

Let me know where to send money. I'll pay for you to move.
I'll chip in to the GTFO fund.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

:roll: There's a big difference between using the F bomb for emphasis and calling a woman a wise and beautiful woman.

Nice sig, hypocrite. You can go back to defending your bigotry with your bible now.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: alchemize

Let me know where to send money. I'll pay for you to move.
I'll chip in to the GTFO fund.
Me too as long as she takes Corbett with her.