Another fine move by the Texas Government (Phone Service Fee jumps 700%)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
What I was actually saying was that the impact may not be as great as portrayed in the original article. This article: https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/get...universal-service-fund-surcharge-is-going-up/ also discusses it. Note the line that says the charge for the State USF on a $160 bill is around 50 cents.

Don't make the assumption that you know me or my intent. Your original response borders on being a personal attack. Stay on topic or shut up. I don't have to provide evidence of anything to you.

I really hope you don’t melt.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
On this one point you are mistaken... if you want to be taken seriously on P&N you will have to provide evidence to support your arguments.

Shouldn't he get an "E" for effort from me! ;) How is this as an example of serious supporting evidence?

mike-myers-dr-evil-900x600.jpg

[/QUOTE]

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I have no doubt many people in Texas are immune to understanding how shitty their state government is.

The ones that do understand, mostly the younger ones with college degrees from outside the state, decide to live elsewhere leaving those folks of whom you refer to. It's a distilling process that concentrates their numbers and hardens their resolve toward being willfully ignorant of their political morass, trading their political situational awareness for the convenience of being dumbed down into a state of unquestioning blind loyalty to their state and those thoroughly corrupted corporate crime lords that makes their decisions for them.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and bba-tcg

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Shouldn't he get an "E" for effort from me! ;) How is this as an example of serious supporting evidence?

mike-myers-dr-evil-900x600.jpg

One "E" for effort coming right up! ;)

e-maths-symbol-choice-image-30465.png

And that all depends what you're looking for *evidence OF! :p

*(I never said a word about "serious" evidence... that's no fun!)

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
certainly, although being god like must be super exhausting, and when you’re inferiors start with the insolence, infuriating. I can’t imagine what that’s like

Careful .... I hear thunder in the distance! :oops: :D

samuel-molina-zeus.jpg

Feb 4, 2009
Guys keep in mind this is the fees part, not the total bill. The change will likely be paying $2.50 in whatever service fund to $10 in whatever service fee fund.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
To be fair, why should they? :wink:

There is a difference between 'Why should people care' and 'Why people come to believe they shouldn't care.' Caring for others is a natural feature of social animals that depend on cooperation for survival, like humans have been evolving toward for millions of years, but it is fragile, requires modeling from infancy, and is easily destroyed by abuse and neglect. It's lack creates a sense of organic shame, the feeling in those who don't care of self loathing and worthlessness. All you need to do is hold up a mirror, make people experience that shame and they will redirect all the wrath that shame creates in them directly back at you. God's wrath, what else could it be than projected self hate. This is why people don't care. They are not capable of it. But to care is to be human and that is why you should. But we were trained to believe that to be human makes you worthless.

What we feel we make real.

One thing to remember. Nobody will ever again be able to bend you to their will and make you care. The damage is done. Only you can undo it. You won. Nobody can make you.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Guys keep in mind this is the fees part, not the total bill. The change will likely be paying $2.50 in whatever service fund to $10 in whatever service fee fund.
Could you please shut up with 'the facts shit'. Moonbeam is the self righteous egotist. I just want to believe I am fighting against a colossal evil because nothing less will quell my sense of self worthlessness. The bigger the bad guy the greater the hero I am in victory.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
One "E" for effort coming right up! ;)

e-maths-symbol-choice-image-30465.png

And that all depends what you're looking for *evidence OF! :p

*(I never said a word about "serious" evidence... that's no fun!)
On this one point you are mistaken... if you want to be taken seriously on P&N you will have to provide evidence to support your arguments.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante