Another Diablo3 rumor!

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
DiabloFans.com

A few weeks ago, a rumor mill started when PCGamer wrapped up the June Edition magazine with an interesting and catchy Next Issue riddle that caught many Diablo fans in a brainstorming haze. I personally contacted PCGamer and they denied the August Edition was about Diablo or any Blizzard game. (Read More)

Today a new Rumor Mill has ignited engines at the DiabloFans Forums with PC Action (Germany) using the same type of catchy riddle. Of course, it can be any game, and as some fans said: "... We are just picking straws, like we always do."

ENGLISH TRANSLATION by ov3erlord

30.05.2008 10:55 - We found out some secret information about a much awaited game, from a very well known game developer, whom we can't name. Sounds extremely important, doesn't it? Let's say: Pure thought about it makes our bedsheets wet. Got any ideas? Post them in the comments. Even if the hell froze and cows gave beer - we would spill nothig out!

pcaction.de thinks: HAHA! we have seen the pictures and you have not!

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
As much as I want D3 to be announced, I'm tired of DiabloFans/Diablo3.com spreading shit just to drive traffic to their site.

chizow

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2001
Well, I wouldn't expect anything solid to get announced before SC2 releases. Then rumors of D3 building up and released at least 12 months after SC2. Blizzard is like the Pixar of the video game industry, anything they release is going to be a hit, its really just a matter of spacing things out and keeping their financials looking good at this point.

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
Originally posted by: Modeps
As much as I want D3 to be announced, I'm tired of DiabloFans/Diablo3.com spreading shit just to drive traffic to their site.

yeah, they seem kind of .... ohh desperate for traffic.

but man, that quote is pretty dead on when it comes to Diablos predecessors....cant wait for them to announce D3!!!!!

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Someone posted this in the Diablofans forum recently......

The translator ov3erlord forgot to translate an important word in the right context!
"über ein heiß erwartetes Spiel"
is not a MUCH awaited game, it's a HOT game!

the German word 'Heiß' litteraly means HOT! (hot like hell! like diablo3?), just run it through google translate to check it yourselves!
So know we have a description about a new game that has the keywords HOT + COWS + HELL.. need i say more?

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Originally posted by: Bateluer
Originally posted by: TechBoyJK
Do we really need another click fest action game?

oh yes. yes. yes yes yes.

Go check out some NWN1/2 mods, hack and slash modules are a dime a dozen.

But NWN was a poor game...

Diablo 2/LoD was one of the best games of the early naughties and there isnt a single game that rivals it in the genre.

TQ and TQ:IT do a good job but they are no D2.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Originally posted by: Elcs
Originally posted by: TechBoyJK
Do we really need another click fest action game?

oh yes. yes. yes yes yes.

Go check out some NWN1/2 mods, hack and slash modules are a dime a dozen.

Diablo 2/LoD was one of the best games of the early naughties and there isnt a single game that rivals it in the genre.

TQ and TQ:IT do a good job but they are no D2.

You ever played a game called Lionheart?

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
They do have a point that Blizzard never denied anything about D3...or did they?

PC Gamer denied D3. Blizzard I think said they weren't even going to announce it at all for a while.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
As much as I want D3 for the story arc I know it will end up as a 3D game, I don't know if it'll be some sort of a refined isometric 3D hack & slash game or not, but I have the very, very bad feeling that it'll end up as just yet another MMORPG. We haven't seen a good 2D game in years and I fear that 3D gaming is just taking the whole place. In my book Diablo 3 would still be 2D, but with photo-realistic textures and high-res sprites. I mean back then when D2 was released 3D games were already very popular and people never complained about the graphics, it was all about game-play and just pure fun/addiction.

Give me another Battle.Net-driven Diablo 3 that follows the story arc without too much graphical fire works and I'll be very happy, otherwise I can certainly forget about it and just read spoilers once it's released just to know what's the story without playing it.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
Originally posted by: Elcs

I would say the Neverwinter Nights was better than Diablo, but Diablo was pretty good too. NWN was closer to what I wanted Diablo to be actually, but I never liked the massive click fest that Diablo was compaired to the low click tactics of NWN (and the ability to pause a battle to set up your tactics and characters).

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
The best part about diablo ii was the cutscenes and battle.net. NWN is not a replacement.

edit* this is one worthless ass rumor.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Meh..I don't even pay attention to the rumors anymore. We all know it is going to be formally announced at BlizCon08 anyways.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Xavier434
Meh..I don't even pay attention to the rumors anymore. We all know it is going to be formally announced at BlizCon08 anyways.

Really?, can't wait!!!! :thumbsup: :beer:
:music: So keep your High Hopes, keep those high apple pie in the sky HOPES:music:

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
If Diablo 3 turns out to be an MMO, I would grumble very obnoxiously.

On a slightly related note, TQ is a very decent filler for the whole D2 left in me.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Dumac
If Diablo 3 turns out to be an MMO, I would grumble very obnoxiously.
I really doubt Blizzard would cannibalize World of Warcraft with another fantasy MMO until WoW reaches "end of life" and people start to leave it in bulk for other games. However, it is good to have a successor MMO ready to go in case that does occur.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Modeps

Kind of like DailyTech with global warming and ant-Microsoft articles.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: CorCentral
Originally posted by: Xavier434

Really?, can't wait!!!! :thumbsup: :beer:
:music: So keep your High Hopes, keep those high apple pie in the sky HOPES:music:

Most likely, yes. I have a few sources which are more "in the know" than usual and they have hinted at this announcement. Just don't quote me on that. ;)

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
Only MaMORPaGah fools should care about it anyway, since thats what it will be and cost more then WoW a month to play. Don't believe me? I don't blame you, just mark my words and wait.